Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaidc122)
    Won't put my money on that. They will probably slightly lower them but not significantly. It all depends if they decide to lower the proportion of A grades, in which case they won't go down by as much. If they give in to the pressure by the government to lower A grades, then those people who are at the low A side with the old spec will be affected the most

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay, do you think the specimens will be as hard as the real though?

ReputationRep:
    Guys how are you revising for the practical questions I wanted to know if there's a recourse for that. There's nothing in the text book?

(Original post by medicine71012)
    Do you think the specimens will be as hard as the real ones, If so I think grade boundaries may be lower than previous years
    I just did the AQA Physics exam and it was definitely a lot better than the Physics specimen papers! Honestly i couldn't even do those but the real exam was quite okay. So hopefully AQA chem is also easier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    I just did the AQA Physics exam and it was definitely a lot better than the Physics specimen papers! Honestly i couldn't even do those but the real exam was quite okay. So hopefully AQA chem is also easier!
    Thank you, I wish you all the best with your physics exams, hearing that has calmed down at little ,even if it is as hard at least I'm more calm now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith268)
    If there's a question asking us to write an equation for the standard enthalpy of formation of a phosphorous containing compound, would you write phosphorous as P or P4? Similarly with sulfur - would you write S or S8?
    Write S8/P4 there was a question in our mockes, where they didnt accept S or P.

ReputationRep:
    Also, in one of the reactions (i think the reactions of metal halides), product is NaHSO4 in book, but markscheme said Na2SO4. Which one should we write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Write S8/P4 there was a question in our mockes, where they didnt accept S or P.
    Thank you, was it the marker that didn't accept it or did you see the mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, was it the marker that didn't accept it or did you see the mark scheme?
    The teacher said we had to write S8. She said that previously just writing S was fine, but now you need to write S8. So, the MS probably said S8

ReputationRep:
    The teacher said we had to write S8. She said that previously just writing S was fine, but now you need to write S8. So, the MS probably said S8
    Oh thank you I didn't even know S8 in the gaseous state right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    How was the practical questions? And how many marks did they account for?

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you I didn't even know S8 in the gaseous state right?
    Solid, sulphur is yellow powder

ReputationRep:
    Solid, sulphur is yellow powder
    Yes I'm aware of that but you just said you have to write S8 not solid sulfur, I'm confused now? What paper did you did that had a questions involving sulfur so I can check the mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm aware of that but you just said you have to write S8 not solid sulfur, I'm confused now? What paper did you did that had a questions involving sulfur so I can check the mark scheme
    It was an aqa paper, dont know which one, maybe specimen. S8 is still solid though, according to google.

ReputationRep:
    So what happens if your a-levels were from the old spec and you still don't get the grades you want this year? Do you have to take all of the unit exams for the new spec or does it carry over? Confused.com

ReputationRep:
    It was an aqa paper, dont know which one, maybe specimen. S8 is still solid though, according to google.
    According to the periodicity topic s8 cl2 and p4 are all molecular non metal substances held together by van der waasl forces, also I'm yet to find the question you're referring to so I think that's just your teachers opinion. Every question I saw in the old specification allowed S as solid and finally in the specimen paper 1 set 2 there is a question with Phosphorus and it allowed P4 and 4P, but thanks anyway and good luck

How was the practical questions? And how many marks did they account for?
    There were no practical questions because that's for paper 2 i'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    There were no practical questions because that's for paper 2 i'm afraid

oops i was meant to post that on the physics thread lol and fyi there are practical questions in both paper 1 and 2 for Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, do you think the specimens will be as hard as the real though?
    Most likely not, but it's best to be prepared for the worst!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    by any chance do you know what topics are in Paper 1 and 2?
    the specification didn't specified clearly

Hey guys can anyone tell me all the group 7 reactions we need to know? thank you in advance

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.