Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here attend the applicant day on March 5th, if so what seminars and taster lessons did you attend?

Also what did you think of the day overall?

ReputationRep:
    I attended my course talk, Philosophy, then just took a self guided tour around Harcourt Hill campus and Headington.

I thought the day was great and definitley made up my mind on firming Brookes!

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberleyrolph)
    I attended my course talk, Philosophy, then just took a self guided tour around Harcourt Hill campus and Headington.

I thought the day was great and definitley made up my mind on firming Brookes!

What about you?
    I attended the study abroad and exchange seminar, sports seminar and the Japanese taster lesson.

I only toured the Headington campus and the Clive Booth accommodation, although I did do a lot of site seeing around Oxford city center afterwards.

I really enjoyed the day and was impressed with not only the university but also the city of Oxford as a whole. I will definitely be firming Oxford Brookes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan_U)
    I attended the study abroad and exchange seminar, sports seminar and the Japanese taster lesson.

I only toured the Headington campus and the Clive Booth accommodation, although I did do a lot of site seeing around Oxford city center afterwards.

I really enjoyed the day and was impressed with not only the university but also the city of Oxford as a whole. I will definitely be firming Oxford Brookes

I missed the study abroad and exchange seminar but it is definitley something I want to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberleyrolph)
    I missed the study abroad and exchange seminar but it is definitley something I want to do!
    The member of staff leading the seminar seemed very friendly and see was very informative with what she had to say.

They had two current students who talked about their experiences going on exchange abroad. One student did a year abroad in Australia, whilst the other student did half a year in France and half a year in the USA. They couldn't recommend it highly enough which really sold me on the exchange program.

You have probably already checked out the page regarding the exchange programs but here's the link anyways.

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/internatio...kes/exchanges/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Oxford Brookes University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. Oxford Brookes University
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Oxford Brookes University
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.