Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most disappointing game you've ever brought Watch

ReputationRep:
    Total war Rome 2 or Arma 2. Found total war too hard and I didn't find Arma fun.

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Command was rubbish, Starfox Zero looks good though, it's a remake of 64 with some cool new stuff in. I don't have a Wii U sadly so I can't play it
    Ditto re WiiU!! I loved sharing gaming with N64! 'Come in "star command"!'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DayZ and Rocket League

ReputationRep:
    There was a game on PS2 called Sky Surfers that I bought from a bargain bin once. Bloody hell it was so **** - I played it once and never touched it again until I traded all my PS2 games in for store credit towards PS3 games.

ReputationRep:
    The X-Factor game for PS3, the game was **** but the microphone it came with is actually pretty sick and I use it now, strapped onto a makeshift mount so it doesn't move around and bang.

ReputationRep:
    Broken Sword 5 for the PS4, I played the original Broken Sword and it took me 5 days of constant playing to finish it. I completed Broken Sword 5 in less than 7 hours and it has no replay value whatsoever. The story was bland too.

ReputationRep:
    Sakura Angels..... Yeah I'm that sad

ReputationRep:
    Aliens Colonial Marines. Weapons felt like cardboard, many glitches, as well as a rubbish story and characters. And also a boss level which literally required you to press one button to win.

ReputationRep:
    Super dragon ball z (Ps2) when I was young and bought games just because i liked the cover art. Hated the arcade style of the game though.

ReputationRep:
    The Stomping Land

It was really promising but the dev stopped working on it as soon as he released it and ran off with the money.

Cost £28. Really pissed me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Couldn't agree more. Gameplay was just awful.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars Battlefront by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    Total war Rome 2 or Arma 2. Found total war too hard and I didn't find Arma fun.
    Arma 2? Were you playing with a group/clan?

You either like milsims or you don't tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Arma 2? Were you playing with a group/clan?

You either like milsims or you don't tbh.
    I played the tutorial and I dont think I liked it. I'll probably play soon but I just stopped playing after that.

ReputationRep:
    The Order:1886.

Way too short. I think the whole gameplay only takes about 6 hours to complete.

ReputationRep:
    Recently, probably Total war: Attila. Of all time, Empire : Total war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PistolJolker)
    DayZ and Rocket League
    I just don't get Rocket League at all. I've put a lot of time into it to try and understand what I just don't 'get' about the game.

It all seems very random and very much 'meh' in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Just Cause 2 probably, just didn't get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    I just don't get Rocket League at all. I've put a lot of time into it to try and understand what I just don't 'get' about the game.

It all seems very random and very much 'meh' in all honesty.
    What do you mean when you say random? Controlling cars to knock a ball into a goal isn't really that outrageous imo.
    I used to find it 'meh' but when you get to a decent skill level and find good players to team up with, it becomes great fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOpinion)
    Mario Kart 8
    Umm while it may not be the best mario kart, still got 50 solid hours out of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.