• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Reue)
    Hospital tycoon

Theme hospital it was not
    I usually love those tycoon games xD but usually they're made by small *****y developers, and are absolutely awful xD

ReputationRep:
    Spec OPS: The Line

It wasn't bad, in fact it was decent but had so much more potential and was a little too overhyped for me personally, going by reviews across the net and on Steam. The endings didn't offer much in the way of pivotal choice either.

ReputationRep:
    Ferrari Challenge on the ps2. Screenshots were of the ps3 version so I thought it was going to be much cooler

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be quite a few really. On first thought, i'd say Titanfall. The multiplayer and story were the same. Not only that, the campaign could be completed within a few hours, and when you turn to multiplayer, its the exact same experience unfortunately.
    Other than that, COD Ghosts. I was expecting a fresh take on the series, but instead, we were given a game with a pretty good story, but the graphics I thought were out dated, and the multiplayer turned out to be at best mediocre. Never really tried fully Extinction though

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm older and wiser, I rarely pay for a duff game and we have the benefit of youtube to look-up gameplay. So i'll have to dig in to my past.

GTA IV anybody? Based purely on comparison with the games released before it. The radio soundtrack was instantly forgettable too.

Metroid Prime Hunters (DS) - Awful stylus controls for a FPS on a handheld rendered it almost unplayable.

Far Cry 2 (PS3) - It's a great game, but effin hell, is it ever in dire need of a quick-travel system. Too big for its own good.

Elite Beat Agents (DS) - Rubbish, annoying rhythm-action game.

I'll remember others in due time....

ReputationRep:
    Probably Mario Kart 8.

I was a huge fan of Mario Kart Wii. I put thousands of hours into that game. I played it 'competitively'. Mario Kart 8 changed the item balance way too much for completive play. You get ridiculous items in the back, which are no help to catch up with players nearer the front. The game loves to give players in the back green and red shells, which further slow down the players near the back.

They also nerfed all of the catch up items. Shrooms give almost no speed boost. The star and bullet bill are also much slower than they were in MKWii. The shrooms and star are only useful for off road shortcuts. There aren't that many of them in MK8. Well, there wasn't when I played it near release. Maybe the community found more since then.

The actual power items (goldens, stars, and bullet bill) are given to players in the middle of the pack, which makes little sense. They should be given to the players in the back. The game also allows for triple reds in 2nd, which are unavoidable to whoever is in 1st. It's stupid to give 2nd triple reds. 1st place also gets a lot of coins, so you're screwed when 2nd gets a red(s).

None of this really matters if you play the game casually (which is what it was really made for), but it sucked for a lot of the competitive community. We were hoping for a game that was similar to MKWii. The most obvious things should have been nerfed and it would have been a great game.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Destiny. I stupidly bought a digital copy and only played it for a week. So utterly disappointing given their budget and team. Non existent story line, random people jumping in the game constantly and a superficial layer of rpg stuff on top.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Spore Universal disappointment with that one.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by NoPunInThisName)
    Spec OPS: The Line

It wasn't bad, in fact it was decent but had so much more potential and was a little too overhyped for me personally, going by reviews across the net and on Steam. The endings didn't offer much in the way of pivotal choice either.
    Dude I totally don't agree here. Spec Ops was a real mind **** of a game. The story was full of twists and turns, and you could really feel the sanity slipping away from the main character.

Each to their own, but that game blew me away.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    The Alone in the Dark remake was a total travesty of a game. Definitely the worst game I have played ever, and I've been an avid gamer since my Atari 2600.

DA: Inquisition was disappointing, but no way near as disappointing as Dragon Age 2, which was another complete turd of a game. Inquisition was enjoyable but shallow and nothing compared to DA: Origins, which was a 5* awesome game!

ReputationRep:
    Yoshi Story on the N64.

Completed it within a few hours and it was just really crap..

ReputationRep:
    Uncharted 3, got it second hand at Game so it's not like I paid full price but I still didn't have fun or see the hype around it. Shooting mechanics sucked and the story wasn't all that engrossing to me. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Oak)
    Destiny. I stupidly bought a digital copy and only played it for a week. So utterly disappointing given their budget and team. Non existent story line, random people jumping in the game constantly and a superficial layer of rpg stuff on top.
    Kind of agree. The Raids were great fun but the constant grinding in order to do the raids kind of cancelled that fun out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    Facepalm

It's BOUGHT not BROUGHT.

Bought = to buy

Brought = to bring

ReputationRep:
    Also Golden Axe: Beast Rider for the 360 was incredibly bad. Loved the originals for the Mega Drive as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Fable 3. Not the worst game I've ever played, but extremely disappointing considering how mediocre it is and how good the previous games are.
    oh gosh I'd forgotten about fable 3 how dare you bring up such painful memories of disappointment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancatpro)
    Facepalm

It's BOUGHT not BROUGHT.

Bought = to buy

Brought = to bring
    Congratulations. :congrats:
    Noticed the mistake not long after posting it but not much I can do (Given it's in the title).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    The Alone in the Dark remake was a total travesty of a game. Definitely the worst game I have played ever, and I've been an avid gamer since my Atari 2600.

DA: Inquisition was disappointing, but no way near as disappointing as Dragon Age 2, which was another complete turd of a game. Inquisition was enjoyable but shallow and nothing compared to DA: Origins, which was a 5* awesome game!
    Inquisition is the first of the series I've ever bought, and definitely the last if the combat is anything to go by. As for the story it takes ages to build into. I don't want to waste 1/2 the story just gathering 'power' to do the main story.

ReputationRep:
    Dragon age: inquisition. Waaaay to much hype over nothing. I prefer the dragon ages before that tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Recently it has to be Elder Scrolls Online. How can they turn the great Elder Scrolls world into such a tedious and bland game?
    I agree tbh. I was expecting great things from the latest Elder Scrolls game, but I find that it just makes no sense as an MMORPG.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.