Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most disappointing game you've ever brought Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    Dude I totally don't agree here. Spec Ops was a real mind **** of a game. The story was full of twists and turns, and you could really feel the sanity slipping away from the main character.

Each to their own, but that game blew me away.
    Your feelings reflects what I expected of the game initially and that was fulfilled... to a degree, with scenes like the Mortar bombing of the innocent civilians (accidentally) in the Square it did project its message quite well - but just not quite well enough.

The ending was a bit of an anti-climax despite it still possessing some shock value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sameerio)
    LIFE. Terrible story but great graphics
    Wow! These graphics are so great, it's like I'm actually in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squire1998)
    The Super NES trilogy of Star Wars games are masterpieces. Especially Super Empire Strikes Back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well to be honest I'm more talking about the games like star wars episode III, and lego star wars (although some people seem to like that game). star wars episode III for ps2 was a terrible game from my view - it was £40 and it was a dull, path-following, uninspired, restricted pile of (crap) and will always be one of the worst games I've ever played.

ReputationRep:
    Animal crossing happy home designer. I was all hyped to get it, loving the last 3 games, wild world, city life, new leaf, Then That THING came along and killed it. played it for 2 days, got bored, but it back in my game case and haven't gotten it out since.

ReputationRep:
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. Congrats, childhood ruined.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Burnout Paradise. Great step up in graphics compared to Takedown (expected given it was a generation console newer), but it was such a let down with how the menus worked and the gameplay wasn't the same, not to mention the crashes were just dismal compared to the older game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Burnout Paradise. Great step up in graphics compared to Takedown (expected given it was a generation console newer), but it was such a let down with how the menus worked and the gameplay wasn't the same, not to mention the crashes were just dismal compared to the older game!
    I didn't like Paradise either. I hated the open world and the way you had keep looking down at the mini map - it's just ridiculous expectation in a game like Burnout where you need to keep your eyes on the what's ahead.
    The game would have been much better with closed circuits.
    Series peaked with Burnout 2 imo. It started to become stupid with the takedown and traffic checking stuff in the later games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    I didn't like Paradise either. I hated the open world and the way you had keep looking down at the mini map - it's just ridiculous expectation in a game like Burnout where you need to keep your eyes on the what's ahead.
    The game would have been much better with closed circuits.
    Series peaked with Burnout 2 imo. It started to become stupid with the takedown and traffic checking stuff in the later games.
    Don't remember the mini map. But I sort of agree with the crash traffic checking mode. However I do think Takedown had the best circuit racing. Hope they do another one and just make it Takedown on newer consoles without trying the rubbish open world stuff that should be left to the likes of GTA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gherk)
    Bioshock Infinite
    I agree, I was expecting such an amazing game. It just feels like a freaking corridor shooter ffs, I can't even be asked to finish it im on the very last part of the game. Thankfully, I brought it on sale for around £5

ReputationRep:
    The Sims: Castaway.

Paid bloody thrity quid for it, which I normally never do. Only other game I did that for was Black Ops II but that was well worth it.

ReputationRep:
    snow wave avalanche you probably won't be able to find any info it was terrible no controls worked and the graphics oh god they were terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoe33)
    Animal crossing happy home designer. I was all hyped to get it, loving the last 3 games, wild world, city life, new leaf, Then That THING came along and killed it. played it for 2 days, got bored, but it back in my game case and haven't gotten it out since.
    I saw the trailer in E3 for it, I wa pretty hyped for it until I saw it was a home designer and I was like "I ain't buying that s:banana::banana:t"

Also obligatory Metroid Prime federation force, it looks horrific and they've reduced the prime series to a chibi mess, but since there's not been a new Metroid game for around 7-8 years, I'm still going to buy it
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Heroes of Might and Magic 4.

ReputationRep:
    Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I think we all know why.

ReputationRep:
    In recent times and as an RTS gamer I'd say "grey goo", since it had some Westwood folks I was really hoping for the next C&C but it felt really plain to me despite interesting mechanics.

I'm looking st Ashes of the Singularity but unsure if I should take the risk, some saying it doesn't live up to the obvious comparison of SupCom.

ReputationRep:
    Witcher II, hated it

ReputationRep:
    That new SimCity game also sucked. Got it for £12 on Origin and I still felt cheated

(Original post by G8D)
    Dead Rising.
    That was a cool game..granted a little frustrating in parts. Loved creating dual purpose weapons!

(Original post by alexschmalex)
    That new SimCity game also sucked. Got it for £12 on Origin and I still felt cheated
    On that note Sims Social/Sims Freeplay on my iPhone/iPad -alas nothing like their PC counterparts..granted its a different platform but please match up Maxis/EA!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I think we all know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOpinion)
    Mario Kart 8
    It's a great game

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.