(Original post by noticemesenpai)
    Glad i never gave that game a chance xD
    It was actually unplayable.

So...many...bugs :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    It was actually unplayable.

So...many...bugs :afraid:
    I think AC redeemed itself with the recent game, Jacob is sooo underrated!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GonvilleBromhead)
    Attilla had that, about five city models with more or less buildings depending on level. Medieval 2 went from a little set of huts to a damn four segmented citadel, the design was amazing. The first time i assaulted a citadel was genuinely breath-taking, to see the size and defences of such a leviathan. How can a more modern game have less stuff in?!

The ladders used to be a manageable asset, I liked the element of if you didnt build enough or mismanaged them you'd be stuck staring at the walls like a tard because all your siege equipment was on fire. Admittedly the AI could be easily baited into targeting cavalry which made it easy to move stuff up, but at least the element existed.

I'm ok with aerial units, i think it adds interesting potential to sieges. If you can dominate the sky you get in easily, if you lose the sky you'll lose more troops. Its a thematic dynamic.

I'd rather gameplay over graphics but the gameplay looks unimpressive.

After RTW2 and Attila I'm not surprised they're scaling back the AI. AngryJoe showed how shocking it is and i found out firsthand too. I won a siege where my city levy was massively out-numbered because I chose to fight in a thin street to corral the enemy reducing the effect of their numbers but i won easily not by tactics (i expected to lose but wanted to whittle them so my retaking forces had an easy time of it) but because the AI secured the central plaza and after sending a force to test my defences forgot all about me and sat there until the timer elapsed causing them to lose by default. I also had enemies refuse to attack, running up to my guys then running away again and taking casualties by arrows the whole time. There are lots more of annoying AI problems that should never make it through beta.

I hate the scripted method. I like the fighting anims but in Rome 1 the arrows were tangible, if they hit a shield they deflected, if they hit flesh they killed. The units damage was partly anims and partly stat balanced (again with anim damage being deflected or changed by shields and armour). It was a slick system. This new animation style means its entirely unpredictable, the battles are too short (as the anims chain) and its a legitimate tactic to spread your line super thin (as in R2) to get maximum chance of anims even though in reality a thin line would be easily breached and the unit slaughtered.

TW is going the wrong way, the spectacle came from the gameplay not stupid minor anims and fancy graphical tricks but this reality seems to be lost to CA
    Medieval 2 remains my favourite. I can't find anyone on multiplayer but that would be a dream, since AI on castles with defending is like: DONT LET THE FIRST WALL FALL OR THE OTHERS WILL (great logic).

Hated Attila sieges too easy to attack and same for defense. Never lost a rbel siege with a normal garrison. One army even had 4 catapults and some heavy infantry. I was holding the wall and a long section fell so I was losing loads of units. Not sure what happened since it was big but then the AI sent loads of units on retreat and I won o.o'.

Dissapointingly it's gone back to a single wall. Also for some bloody reason you can put up some supports to make the walking platform as bloody wide as the one in assassins creed 2 where you ride a horse on a wall. Aka shove a **** ton of units on a wall so when the battering ram is gone your enemy is forced to summon the holy ladders only to be slaughtered by 4 units on a single section.

Also magic is a bit over the top. Summon a meteor to slaughter an entire unit.

Oh and the worst part: DL ****ing C (sorry I'm a bit sweary. Seriously warhammer doesn't have loads of factions, but then slapping more behind a microtransaction wall is just wtf.

Hate the annoying animations they have now. I'm not going close up to stare at the skill of a single person, I'm commanding a whole bloody army.

ReputationRep:
    I think AC redeemed itself with the recent game, Jacob is sooo underrated!
    I almost gave up with AC. But Syndicate is so good! They finally got their act together :lol: I love the whole gang system.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron is my worst stinker. Bought it on the basis that it was the next successor to the fantastic Battlefront series. It was truly awful and made me realise I never wanted the series to be carried on.

Honourable mention to Fable 3 which promised so much and delivered the exact opposite. The linear 'rule your own kingdom' simulator aspect was disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I almost gave up with AC. But Syndicate is so good! They finally got their act together :lol: I love the whole gang system.
    Dyude....Ezio was the real G, he was what made me love the series. Revelations scarred me.

ReputationRep:
    Dyude....Ezio was the real G, he was what made me love the series. Revelations scarred me.
    Omg he is easily the best character in a video game ever, I used to walk around speaking in an Italian accent cos of him :rofl:
    I thought revelations was okaaaay... Only because Ezio was in it

ReputationRep:
    Omg he is easily the best character in a video game ever, I used to walk around speaking in an Italian accent cos of him :rofl:
    I thought revelations was okaaaay... Only because Ezio was in it
    Dude, Ezio died!! It was a bummer and the ending was poop! Hahaha yeah i remember doing so too!

ReputationRep:
    First game that come to mind is Crysis 2, seemed to abandon literally everything I liked about the first one, played for like n hour and haven't touched it since.

Assassins Creed revelations and Diablo 3 xD
    Was a real mess at launch but I started playing again recently and it is a massively better game now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    First game that come to mind is Crysis 2, seemed to abandon literally everything I liked about the first one, played for like n hour and haven't touched it since.

Was a real mess at launch but I started playing again recently and it is a massively better game now.
    Well, i played it for like a day, returned it and ended up getting dark souls. Best decision i have ever made.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, Ezio died!! It was a bummer and the ending was poop! Hahaha yeah i remember doing so too!
    He had to go one day. It was an end of an era :sad: being given Connor next was just a slap in the face.

ReputationRep:
    He had to go one day. It was an end of an era :sad: being given Connor next was just a slap in the face.
    Dx naww, i shall never accept that Ezio is gone!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Medieval 2 remains my favourite. I can't find anyone on multiplayer but that would be a dream, since AI on castles with defending is like: DONT LET THE FIRST WALL FALL OR THE OTHERS WILL (great logic).

Hated Attila sieges too easy to attack and same for defense. Never lost a rbel siege with a normal garrison. One army even had 4 catapults and some heavy infantry. I was holding the wall and a long section fell so I was losing loads of units. Not sure what happened since it was big but then the AI sent loads of units on retreat and I won o.o'.

Dissapointingly it's gone back to a single wall. Also for some bloody reason you can put up some supports to make the walking platform as bloody wide as the one in assassins creed 2 where you ride a horse on a wall. Aka shove a **** ton of units on a wall so when the battering ram is gone your enemy is forced to summon the holy ladders only to be slaughtered by 4 units on a single section.

Also magic is a bit over the top. Summon a meteor to slaughter an entire unit.

Oh and the worst part: DL ****ing C (sorry I'm a bit sweary. Seriously warhammer doesn't have loads of factions, but then slapping more behind a microtransaction wall is just wtf.

Hate the annoying animations they have now. I'm not going close up to stare at the skill of a single person, I'm commanding a whole bloody army.
    The wall problems have been there since forever to be fair. They were less problematic in earlier games as the actual mechanics were better so the superior unit would inevitably prevail albeit with a few more casualties and a far longer delay than would be expected. Widening it might give units a chance to push through more quickly however i feel it has horrible balancing problems and might allow BS like sticking cav up on the walls. I assume thats why every unit can pull a ladder out of their rear, otherwise it would be too easy to use numerical superiority.

The magic does look a bit OP. If it does consistent damage to all units ie can badly hurt elites then it will be. Hopefully it'll behave like catapult boulders in the older games.

Yeah CA's DLC practice is the nail in the coffin for me. Its gone from what DLC should be to questionable and has now arrived at outright money grabbing.

exactly. If you're staring at one dude then you're doing it wrong. The fun is the clashing of massive armies not the individual fighters, if i wanted to see that I'd watch Gladiator or play Ryse

ReputationRep:
    I'm ashamed that I downloaded Minecraft about two years ago even though it was free.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I'm ashamed that I downloaded Minecraft about two years ago even though it was free.
    The vanilla is boring - got to play modded to actually enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Watchdogs
    Saints Row

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to add Fallout 4, only because it was so inferior to Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas and totally blown out of the water by far superior The Witcher 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    What's wrong with Dragon: Age Inquisition? :shock:

I know this is quite controversial and I might get a lot of hate for this, but for me, it would have to be Undertale.

There was just too much hype for that game, that I was left feeling quite disappointed when I was encouraged to play it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.