Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most disappointing game you've ever brought watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was 9, for Christmas I got Bratz on DS.
    It was the WORST game ever made.
    The graphics were poor, there were glitches and things wrong with it and you couldn't even complete the game as in one part of the game, because it was so poorly designed, you couldn't even get past the mini game.
    It was only recently that I had found it again, so I traded it in to CeX for 20p.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TraceyDeSanta)
    When I was 9, for Christmas I got Bratz on DS.
    It was the WORST game ever made.
    The graphics were poor, there were glitches and things wrong with it and you couldn't even complete the game as in one part of the game, because it was so poorly designed, you couldn't even get past the mini game.
    It was only recently that I had found it again, so I traded it in to CeX for 20p.
    Sounds after a very, very bad christmas gift for you. have got some bad games too, but I am glad that it happened never to Christmas. That is the maximum penalty for passionate gamers, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people will disagree with this but Total War: Shogun 2 (im am a RTS fan so im not just some cod player)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    Star Wars Battlefront, fun for the first few hours but quickly became boring, and I bought it on digital download on Xbox One so I can't sell it 🙃

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Sapphire. It was the first and only Pokemon game I played, based largely on the crazy following that the series had. Turns out Pokemon games are samey grind fests that to this day I can't understand the appeal of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Fable 3. Not the worst game I've ever played, but extremely disappointing considering how mediocre it is and how good the previous games are.
    I loved Fable 3. But it was the first fable game I got and also it was the first "proper" game I got on my 360. So maybe im biased. The other ones I got before it was Minecraft and Sims 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quickmagma)
    I know a lot of people will disagree with this but Total War: Shogun 2 (im am a RTS fan so im not just some cod player)
    Yeah, after a couple of campaigns on that i've had quite my fill of seeing my very close ally's stab me in the back for literally no reason. And coming on the heals of the massively underrated Empire, which to my mind is one of the best games i've ever played Shogun was a but meh. Oh and don't even get me started on the archers, they may as well have thrown water balloons. (Oh, and the fact that cavalry were almost entirely undermined by the overabundance of spearmen). I mean it was good but... not great.

ReputationRep:
    Playstation - Tunnel B1
    N64 - Fifa 64
    C & C Generals

ReputationRep:
    The Chronicles of Narnia, I think it was on XBOX or playstation. It was so hard to move the characters, I gave up. It was like the game itself wasn't calibrated correctly as I used on my own console and a friend's and it was the same. Also, it was just a carbon copy of the film so nothing was new or exciting in the story.

ReputationRep:
    Import Tuner Challenge (Xbox 360)
    It was fantastically dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    Yeah, after a couple of campaigns on that i've had quite my fill of seeing my very close ally's stab me in the back for literally no reason. And coming on the heals of the massively underrated Empire, which to my mind is one of the best games i've ever played Shogun was a but meh. Oh and don't even get me started on the archers, they may as well have thrown water balloons. (Oh, and the fact that cavalry were almost entirely undermined by the overabundance of spearmen). I mean it was good but... not great.
    Yeah empire is very good. I'm a napoleon fan though but the campaign at times was poorly explained but really good overall. But my favorite total war game is medieval 2. I like it because of its simplicity in campaign and gameplay overall. I would say it is easy to learn in that game but hard to master.

ReputationRep:
    Saints Row Gat Out of Hell.
    There is just so much dissapointment with that game. We would be here all academic year if I explained why I was so let down by it.

ReputationRep:
    Total war :Rome2 this was no Total War as i know it up to that point Total war had style and hart this was (and still is) a sterial shell of a game also it was buggy an just did not feel finished also we were promised acess in to the beta of Total war arean and that never happend eather. Atilla fixed everything but it runind the franchise for me.

ReputationRep:
    Star Fox Command anyone?

After Adventures and Assault I just feel it really let the rest of the series down

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Star Fox Command anyone?

After Adventures and Assault I just feel it really let the rest of the series down
    Only ever played the first one. Shame they went downhill from what you say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Only ever played the first one. Shame they went downhill from what you say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Command was rubbish, Starfox Zero looks good though, it's a remake of 64 with some cool new stuff in. I don't have a Wii U sadly so I can't play it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    L.A. Noire
    It could have been so much better.
    I agree, it felt repetitive just investigating and interrogating people all the time, i just didn't feel the need to finish it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Command was rubbish, Starfox Zero looks good though, it's a remake of 64 with some cool new stuff in. I don't have a Wii U sadly so I can't play it
    To be fair it would probably be more sad if you did have a WiiU :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Aliens: Colonial Marines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lt-Pancakes)
    I agree, it felt repetitive just investigating and interrogating people all the time, i just didn't feel the need to finish it.
    I finished it despite the fact that it was overworking the fans on my PS3. The production values were high but it was just a dull game.
    The open world city was wasted.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.