The Student Room Group

Past Papers vs Notes

So its already March and there are 2 weeks till the easter holidays...
I currently have barely any notes except from school and I have alot of unfinished notes. But someone told me instead of wasting time creating notes, it is better to do past papers.

Apparantly the exams are reworded each year so if you do tonnes of past papers I heard that it should be easy to get an A*. I do have revision guides for every subject but my question is- is reading revision guides and doing past papers ONLY enough to get an A*. Because I feel I do not have time to make notes for 11 subjects.

Also, can this apply to humanities such as History/English or do you have to rely on making notes?
I agree, past papers are probably your best bet.
Make sure you only do past papers for topics you have covered. Past papers are not minimal, but make sure you don't do them all now as then you will not have any to do for the final weeks before your exam, which is the best time for past papers. You have time to do anything as long as you commit to it and give it your all.
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Make sure you only do past papers for topics you have covered. Past papers are not minimal, but make sure you don't do them all now as then you will not have any to do for the final weeks before your exam, which is the best time for past papers. You have time to do anything as long as you commit to it and give it your all.

Can't you just redo the past paper until you get maybe 90-95%? Surely you can't run out. Also do you think its a good idea to use past papers to focus on weaknesses, and then make notes on those topics?

Quick Reply

Latest