Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey there,
    I was hoping someone here could help me out a bit. I'm in my 2nd semester of 1st year... and well, the course has gone great but i've been in a really rough place recently and unfortunately, whatever friendships i made last semester have been ruined by my erratic mood (i.e. panic attacks, disappearing for days) as i try and stay sane.
    I've not gotten close to the society at all due to a previous falling-out with one of the members. I've gotten really lonely and I'm thinking of dropping out.
    Can anyone give me some advice?

    Im in a similar position at my sixthform
    Only problem is I've got nowhere to turn.

    At university everyone is in the same boat, try just going into the common room and making a friend or the library.
    University is such a big place, and great thing about it is everyone doesnt know eachother! Always gonna see a new face.
    Honestly having that slight confidence to say hi to someone new in the library or in your halls or in your lecture, you could find yourself with a new friend or new group of friends!

    Enjoy your time at uni! Its your last few years as a student!
    I hope things pick up soon! Take care.

    As someone who has previously dropped out of uni, I advise that you only leave uni if you've got a clear plan of what you'd do afterwards. If you are still enjoying the course, then if at all possible I would stay and keep trying to make friends when you feel up to it. If by the society you mean your course society, you can always try to patch things up with the person you fell out with or get involved with other societies you share an interest with. Also if you live in student halls or housing you can try to make friends with some of your flatmates.

    Hope any of this helps, if you'd like to chat anytime then feel free to pm me

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2016

University open days

  1. University of Hull
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.