Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just thought I'd post what I'm hoping to achieve this year and any advice would be great.

1. I'm 5 foot 5 so my lifts aren't too great my one rep max at the moment on the bench is 45kg - I would like to get to 70kg by this December.

2. I know you can't bulk and cut at the same time, but my lifts aren't really going to be bulking me up anyway so I'm cutting at the moment to aim towards 10% BF - I have a meal plan and are practicing lifts near my one rep max to keep from losing any of the little muscle I do have.

3. I started going to the gym in December last year. With not being able to do a single chin up. Now I can do 6. Would love to get to 16 by the end of this year.

Anyone who has any advice on those points, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for your time.

Another word - I'm aiming to get my body toned and lean for university, so I can deal better about myself, look better and engage in a range of activities due to better overall fitness 😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiminy Cricket)
    Hi all, just thought I'd post what I'm hoping to achieve this year and any advice would be great.

1. I'm 5 foot 5 so my lifts aren't too great my one rep max at the moment on the bench is 45kg - I would like to get to 70kg by this December.

2. I know you can't bulk and cut at the same time, but my lifts aren't really going to be bulking me up anyway so I'm cutting at the moment to aim towards 10% BF - I have a meal plan and are practicing lifts near my one rep max to keep from losing any of the little muscle I do have.

3. I started going to the gym in December last year. With not being able to do a single chin up. Now I can do 6. Would love to get to 16 by the end of this year.

Anyone who has any advice on those points, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for your time.

Another word - I'm aiming to get my body toned and lean for university, so I can deal better about myself, look better and engage in a range of activities due to better overall fitness 😃
    Keep cracking at it mate, you have modest goals and have plenty of time to achieve them.

For you bench do a decent beginners program with low reps high weight with the focus on compound exercises and for your chins my advice is to do pull ups (Palms away from you) instead of chin ups, much better back development and if you can do 16 pull ups you should be able to get 20+ chin ups. http://www.50pullups.com/ < Been doing this to increase my pull ups, went from 10 to 16 so far this year - aiming to get 25 before the end of the year.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    Keep cracking at it mate, you have modest goals and have plenty of time to achieve them.

For you bench do a decent beginners program with low reps high weight with the focus on compound exercises and for your chins my advice is to do pull ups (Palms away from you) instead of chin ups, much better back development and if you can do 16 pull ups you should be able to get 20+ chin ups. http://www.50pullups.com/ < Been doing this to increase my pull ups, went from 10 to 16 so far this year - aiming to get 25 before the end of the year.

Good luck!
    Thanks! I'll have a look at the website.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.