Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My friend is acting strange? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The friend in question is female and we became good friends at the start of last year. We messaged a lot on social media, and we occasionally met up outside school to hang out. Then she became distant towards me and I pointed this out to her, but she blamed it on workload. Soon I realized she was avoiding me because she had time for all her other friends except me. I hinted this out to her, but she denied it. Then I thought I'd give her space and stopped messaging her for 2 months. She broke the silence saying she was sorry for pushing me away, that I have been the kindest person to her, and wanted to hang out with me again. I said yes to hanging out, but then she stopped contacting me again. This has become a pattern now, we message monthly, agree to meet up, but never any arrangements are made. But she still has time for other friends. I feel like there is still trust between us though because when we message, we tell each other personal details. Any opinions on what is going on and what to do.

(Original post by WizardDragonFire)
    The friend in question is female and we became good friends at the start of last year. We messaged a lot on social media, and we occasionally met up outside school to hang out. Then she became distant towards me and I pointed this out to her, but she blamed it on workload. Soon I realized she was avoiding me because she had time for all her other friends except me. I hinted this out to her, but she denied it. Then I thought I'd give her space and stopped messaging her for 2 months. She broke the silence saying she was sorry for pushing me away, that I have been the kindest person to her, and wanted to hang out with me again. I said yes to hanging out, but then she stopped contacting me again. This has become a pattern now, we message monthly, agree to meet up, but never any arrangements are made. But she still has time for other friends. I feel like there is still trust between us though because when we message, we tell each other personal details. Any opinions on what is going on and what to do.
    If shes being like this shes honestly not worth it. I have had the same problem before and found it easier to just cut ties with them. Less disappointment in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardDragonFire)
    yea no point doing this since she's clearly not a friend if she only messages you monthly and never agrees to meet up. Is that person truly a friend?

ReputationRep:
    Probably better to cut ties. If she wanted to meet up she'd make an effort. If you have to question whether or not someone is a friend, they aren't a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a good friend if she keeps going on and off, ask her what her problem is, if she carries on just break it off

ReputationRep:
    Your friend will probably comes to you when he/she needs you. I have friends which we dont hang around and when they need something (probabily company) they will talk to me and am like NAH.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.