Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She asked me to confirm if we are BF and GF after 3rd date - I said yes but not sure? Watch

I met a girl using match.com 2 weeks ago, I like her a lot , we've been on 3 dates, once for a walks, once round mine and last time round hers.

At hers things got a bit phyiscal but not all the way. We snuggled and kissed most of the night, and I left hers at 3am, could have stayed all night but she's got a kid and didn't wanna overstay my welcome.

Later that morning she whatsapped me saying 'just to confirm I am your girlfriend right' I was like yeh sure, was pretty pleased and in a good mood.

Now I am not so sure, I don't know what moves to make, how she really see's me, how I come across etc, she's a bit older than me and got divorced last year from a 3 year relationship.

She is also originally from Germany, not an issue for me, but maybe they do things differently?

I am trying not to think about her too much, but she is constantly on my mind, I don't wanna have my heart broken, so think I should message her less to show I am Alpha and have a life, which I do, but then she might think I am not interested. What to do?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a girl using match.com 2 weeks ago, I like her a lot , we've been on 3 dates, once for a walks, once round mine and last time round hers.

At hers things got a bit phyiscal but not all the way. We snuggled and kissed most of the night, and I left hers at 3am, could have stayed all night but she's got a kid and didn't wanna overstay my welcome.

Later that morning she whatsapped me saying 'just to confirm I am your girlfriend right' I was like yeh sure, was pretty pleased and in a good mood.

Now I am not so sure, I don't know what moves to make, how she really see's me, how I come across etc, she's a bit older than me and got divorced last year from a 3 year relationship.

She is also originally from Germany, not an issue for me, but maybe they do things differently?

I am trying not to think about her too much, but she is constantly on my mind, I don't wanna have my heart broken, so think I should message her less to show I am Alpha and have a life, which I do, but then she might think I am not interested. What to do?
    The bit in bold is beyond ridiculous. Don't do that.

Message her however much you want to message her, not because you think you'll appear alpha. Honestly if you want a successful and happy relationship then don't play stupid games.

If you aren't sure if you're ready for a full blown relationship talk to her about it like an adult. You're both old enough and should be mature enough to able to talk to each other properly about what you want from this relationship.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    The bit in bold is beyond ridiculous. Don't do that.

Message her however much you want to message her, not because you think you'll appear alpha. Honestly if you want a successful and happy relationship then don't play stupid games.

If you aren't sure if you're ready for a full blown relationship talk to her about it like an adult. You're both old enough and should be mature enough to able to talk to each other properly about what you want from this relationship.
    I am ready for a serious relationship, and I am really happy when Im with her, I just don't wanna get really into her in case her idea of a relationship is different, and then she just breaks up, that would be too depressing, if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    I am ready for a serious relationship, and I am really happy when Im with her, I just don't wanna get really into her in case her idea of a relationship is different, and then she just breaks up, that would be too depressing, if you know what I mean.
    And that is why communication is important.

If you both want different things and you end up hurt it's essentially your own fault for not bothering to talk about it. No relationship can be successful without proper communication and honesty. So talk to her about it. That is the only useful answer you will get on here, because it is the only way you can ensure you know where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her what she's looking for in a relationship and see if it matches up to what you're looking for. Simply communicate with her about where you're heading and where you're at now.

you are now, congratulations

ReputationRep:
    step 1 stop caring. step 2 have fun.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    And that is why communication is important.

If you both want different things and you end up hurt it's essentially your own fault for not bothering to talk about it. No relationship can be successful without proper communication and honesty. So talk to her about it. That is the only useful answer you will get on here, because it is the only way you can ensure you know where you stand.
    But would you ask someone that question after a 3rd date? My idea of making the transition to a relationship is after period of getting to know each other, to form a bond/understanding, or am I old fashioned.

ReputationRep:
    But would you ask someone that question after a 3rd date? My idea of making the transition to a relationship is after period of getting to know each other, to form a bond/understanding, or am I old fashioned.
    It doesn't matter what I'd do. You've already agreed to enter into a relationship with this woman, so start acting like you're in one.

Stop overcomplicating things and just talk to her, it's really very simple but you're making such a fuss about it.

ReputationRep:
    You are over thinking about this.

(Original post by Emily babezxx)
    You are over thinking about this.
    Yeh probably

ReputationRep:

You're not Jewish are you? Because I know a real good Jewish restaurant in Germany

ReputationRep:
    You really going to get pinned down by a used hag with baggage? Weak dude.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.