Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    About two weeks ago i got a termination, although i was very eager to keep the baby, my partner was not okay with it, we are both 19 and i didn't want to force this on him. I went on the contraception pill, and started taking it about two weeks later (the day after my period ended). Ive been taking it consistently everyday. (But not at the same time) as i was unaware this had to be done. I had unprotected sex on the 3rd day of taking the pill. He did not "finish off". But precum is a concern. We had sex 3 days after my period ended about a week ago, and im not due to ovulate for the next 3-4 days. What are the chances ill get pregnant, I'm very worried, i thought the pill works instantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From what you've said I don't think it's likely you'll fall pregnant. Withdrawal is suppose to be nearly as effective as condoms on its own https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ull-out-method (although I wouldn't recommend relying on this method) and sperm lives for up to 5-7 days in womb after sex. Combined pills also have a 12 hour window to take it in (proestrogen only pills usually have a three hour window). I do find it worrying that the doctor/nurse you saw didn't explain to you how the pill works before giving it to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Him not coming inside you and your presumed ovulation date both make it very unlikely that you're pregnant.

What sort of pill are you using: a combined one (typically, you take it for 21 days then have seven days off or taking dummy pills) or a progesterone-only one (same sort of pill every day)?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by HelenTheCupcake)
    About two weeks ago i got a termination, although i was very eager to keep the baby, my partner was not okay with it, we are both 19 and i didn't want to force this on him. I went on the contraception pill, and started taking it about two weeks later (the day after my period ended). Ive been taking it consistently everyday. (But not at the same time) as i was unaware this had to be done. I had unprotected sex on the 3rd day of taking the pill. He did not "finish off". But precum is a concern. We had sex 3 days after my period ended about a week ago, and im not due to ovulate for the next 3-4 days. What are the chances ill get pregnant, I'm very worried, i thought the pill works instantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you were taking the pill everyday and he didn't come in you i'd think it is very unlikely even if the pill wasn't the same time each day. You could always get a morning after pill for peace of mind.

Sorry to hear about the termination by the way. 19 isn't the best time for a kid so it wasn't a bad decision, but still a very tough one to make.

ReputationRep:
    My condolences about the termination. It's always difficult, no matter your age.

You're taking the pill every day and he didn't come inside of you, so it's unlikely that you're pregnant. It's important to take the pill at the same time each day if possible; if you take it more than twelve hours outside of your usual time then you won't be protected. It's a good practice to take it immediately when you wake up, and that way you know it's been done and you're covered.

But if you're incredibly worried then take the morning after pill - you can take it up to 72 hours after unprotected sex.

Hey so I was wondering whether or not there is a possibility of pregnancy in my situation or whether I am just overthinkingI'm 18 years old, I've never had sex however I did engage in foreplay with my current boyfriend. He fingered me however I'm unsure as to whether he quickly adjusted himself before hand (we were both clothed). Therefore, I am worried as to whether he had Precum on his fingers before they went inside me (bearing in mind they may have been wiped due to the transfer having to go under my pants and down). If this is not enough, I did proceed to touch him and my hand was definitely wet but I was on his left side and so used my left hand. We then moved into another room which would obviously mean drying of the Precum as a possibility and once in there I did touch myself, however I think it was with my right hand as that is my natural hand but I cannot remember. He did not ejaculate at any point during this time however I think I was ovulating. It's been two weeks and my period is due tomorrow and idk I'm just worried that it won't arrive which would quite honestly be disastrous which I suppose is why I'm overthinking this. My periods are usually regular however my last one was three days early so I don't know whether that could mean that this one is a few days late in order to balance it? I'm not sure of these things. Usually I have a cycle of 28 days give or take a day or so on average.Any advice/ judgement of pregnancy chances would be very helpful to settle my mind if nothing else, thank you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.