Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Most Dominant Leader of Russia ever? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Just wondering really after reading over some statistics and information who people onsider as the greatest leader of Russia in recent times and why. Find the topic really interesting....

Thanks alot for any responce in advance.

Pablo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Pablo~)
    Hello,

Just wondering really after reading over some statistics and information who people onsider as the greatest leader of Russia in recent times and why. Find the topic really interesting....

Thanks alot for any responce in advance.

Pablo
    Define recent times...I would say Peter the Great, but he's not very recent. :rolleyes:

However, a lot of Russians rate Peter higher than either Stalin or Lenin as a ruler, though I know more about the former than the latter...and so can't comment

ReputationRep:
    Its difficult to defend any of the post-Lenin leaders as they couldn't help but be involved with the crime against the revolution that was Stalinism, and all the post-Soviet leaders have been either corrupt or drunkards (or both) - (only a small generalisation).

I'd have to say either Kruschev (is that how its spelt?) or Gorbachev (perhaps there should be an 'o' in there?).

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought Lenin, as even though he wasn't leader for very long the party stilled followed him closely and supported his views (though this could be to other factors such as the ban on factionalism or maybe Stalin messing with the records after Lenins death :confused: )

ah well I aint gonna think about it any more as I have finished with History and can now begin to push the stuff out of my mind (can't remeber what the exam was about - thats a good start)

ReputationRep:
    Lenin. Had a lot of potential, stupid person shooting him. I honestly believe he would have remained true to his word of temporary dictatorship for the people to enable the creation of a new and excellent soviet state. He had many good ideas. Stalin on the other hand, well he got results economically (and militarily in the defeat of the Nazi's) but at the cost of the retardation of Russia's intellect, the deaths of millions, and imprisonment of many more in the Gulags.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.