Turn on thread page Beta

Flying on aeroplanes - are you scared that it will crash? watch

• Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Yes. But it's one of many things I get anxious about so I deal with it okay.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm isially a regular traveller and have never been scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    How long are you going for? I travelled S. E. Asia for about 2 1/2 months. Instead of clogging up this thread, drop me a VM or PM then we can chat over that. Thailand is cool
    Ok I have messaged you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    More likely to die in a car crash on the way to the airport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Nope. I'm isially a regular traveller and have never been scared
    Do you travel long haul or short flights? For me short flights are less scary lol unless you think about that Germanwings co pilot who crashed the short haul flight :/. Scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a dream my plane crashed a day before my plane was due to fly. *****ed the **** out of me. However I survived :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    I'm going on a 12 hour flight next month, and it's the first time I've flown in ages.

A lot has been going through my mind about all the possible things that could go wrong, and I can't get it out of my head the image of the plane crashing

Is anyone else scared of flying? Am I worrying too much?

Thanks.
    Over the last decade your odds of dying on a flight are approximately 1 in 27 million.

You are literally more likely to die as a result of a reaction to a bee sting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Over the last decade your odds of dying on a flight are approximately 1 in 27 million.

You are literally more likely to die as a result of a reaction to a bee sting.
    Good to know

ReputationRep:
    I became a Flying Instructor after my A Levels and honestly Aviation is one of the safest modes of transport. Thousands die on roads across the world each year but not even a percent die in aviation accidents. Aircraft are maintained to standards you wouldn't believe and are grounded at the drop of a hat if airworthiness standards are breached. Pilots are heavily checked out and practice emergency procedures regularly and lose their jobs if they do not pass their 6 monthly check. Honestly, you should be far more worried about your trip to and from the airport. Have a great time, feel free to ask any questions if you need anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on a 12 hour flight next month, and it's the first time I've flown in ages.

A lot has been going through my mind about all the possible things that could go wrong, and I can't get it out of my head the image of the plane crashing

Is anyone else scared of flying? Am I worrying too much?

Thanks.
    I tend to look at these things statistically. Very unlikely will you crash. I'd rather fly in a plane than walk down my stairs in slippers.... (statistically that's more dangerous)

ReputationRep:
    Do you travel long haul or short flights? For me short flights are less scary lol unless you think about that Germanwings co pilot who crashed the short haul flight :/. Scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Flew on Germanwings yesterday. Cracking airline - you can tell it's part of Lufthansa. Meant to be 'low-cost' but they treat you much better than Ryanair. Unfortunately they employed one nutter that decided he'd kill 150 other people as well as himself.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.