Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Single parent going to uni watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hey. So I am wanting to applying to uni to do a nursing degree. As most places are full I am having to apply and to pay for my course through Bolton. I have a son and wondering how much help I will get? I know I can get the 8200 loan but what else? And around what figures? I won't be able to work as well do other than child benefit will have no income. If the amount of help I get is a low I won't be able to go. I also live alone. Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Sarahlj

    If your course is NHS funded, we only offer a reduced rate maintenance loan. All other funding is awarded through the NHS.

    If it is not an NHS funded course, you can apply for the maintenance loan, tuition fee loan and supplementary grants such as childcare if required.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.