Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was going to post this in a thread, but as I went to post it, the thread got deleted. So if there's anyone here at uni or otherwise who feels down or lonely. Just read it.

OP I felt the same way you did. I hated uni and I felt so lonely and depressed. Then I hit rock bottom one day and I was so depressed I couldn't walk without almost falling over. My legs were so weak I didn't have the will to even stay standing. But then I started talking to my personal tutor and explained why I hated uni, I explained everything I hated and she gave me advice. She told me how to get my work up to scratch and she put in some effort emailing my lecturers/tutors explaining my situation. Then I felt a lot better knowing at least my work was going in the right direction. I started going to all my lectures, I started getting into the routine. I haven't missed a lecture since. I made some friends and I've been semi successful with some girls in my lectures as well. You have to force yourself out of your comfort zone and realise that happiness doesn't come without hard work, it doesn't come without discipline. You have to be as positive as you can possibly be. You have to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can. I wake up in the morning, and I try my best to start my day off in a good mood even if I wake up feeling like ****. Whenever i get a negative thought, I try to block it out. It really is a battle to try and stay positive. You have to be smart because being happy isn't natural to some. I make an effort to see the positive side to things. I try to see the positive side in people. You have to read more, you have to read about how to be successful, how to win friends over. It is an art, you have to learn not to argue. You have to give people what they want. Tell them what they want to hear instead of saying sod them. Sometimes you have to give up a part of yourself so you can be happy.Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I've been suicidal since year 7 and university was amazing-I'm graduating uni this summer. I have made a suicide attempt but I've taught myself to cope with depression as nothing more than a personality trait that everyone has. I kind of think constantly being told mental illness doesn't exist growing up helped me cope.

Ultimately you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone otherwise you'll never cope

(Original post by CantGainWeight)
    I was going to post this in a thread, but as I went to post it, the thread got deleted. So if there's anyone here at uni or otherwise who feels down or lonely. Just read it.

I'm in year 8. I feel as though i'm falling into a big black hole of darkness and i won't be able to claw myself out.
    I feel...empty
    I don't want depression
    Life sucks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm always depressed tbh

Life is never simple for me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.