The Student Room Group

I hate clubbing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MountKimbie
Whaaat really?! I dunno you just came across as bubbly and warm and fun!

hahaha well in some ways yes, but it depends on the situation. Alcohol makes me feel depressed and I don't like cramped environments with loads of people so what I'm saying is that clubbing makes me a misanthropist!

Life has also made me quite cynical and my MH and inconsistency because of that mean that irl I retreat to introversion because it is easier for me and others.

I can be that person (ie warm bubbly and fun) in real life but I find it tiring and I often need a lot of time on my own after. I am an INFP personality type if that helps :biggrin:

https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
Clubs: If you don't love sound system music, don't go.
I agree.

I went to one around last year or this year (dunno) and it's just dark, you can't hear people, sweatiness everywhere, overcrowded and people with that "I'm so hard" attitude.

Before anyone starts banging on about how I'm jealous because I don't really go, I enjoy house parties and would love to go to one again but I don't hate house parties.
Original post by Ethereal World
hahaha well in some ways yes, but it depends on the situation. Alcohol makes me feel depressed and I don't like cramped environments with loads of people so what I'm saying is that clubbing makes me a misanthropist!

Life has also made me quite cynical and my MH and inconsistency because of that mean that irl I retreat to introversion because it is easier for me and others.

I can be that person (ie warm bubbly and fun) in real life but I find it tiring and I often need a lot of time on my own after. I am an INFP personality type if that helps :biggrin:

I took that test on the link you provided and got Campaigner (ENFP-A)

:hugs:

Spoiler

I hated clubbing at uni and then I found this article in fresher year and it all made sense why.

Please forgive it is very extreme in tone because of the nature of the author but the underlying premise I agree with :yep:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/fashion.comment

I did still go on nights out but I never forced myself to do it to fit in or just because. I found my own ways of enjoying things and preferred going to quirky bars and tended to get a part time job or something to earn instead of spend.

Damn, he was so extreme in the middle part of the article but it's very true though.

O_O I feel exactly like this, is this common? please respond.
Original post by MountKimbie
I took that test on the link you provided and got Campaigner (ENFP-A)

:hugs:

Spoiler

So we are just the extroverted and introverted version of each other :yep:

Awww your spoiler made me smile, presumably because you think that relates to me ?!

Also it is the two middle letters that define your personality type so being NF's mean we are diplomats :biggrin:

However some of the INFP is really untrue for me as I am quite logical and rational as well but I think that's more in an academic application and in terms of just being a person the INFP is very much me. Do you get why I feel misunderstood?! Lol.
Original post by Longshot700
O_O I feel exactly like this, is this common? please respond.

I don't think it's all that uncommon actually. But I guess you wouldn't know because people can be very good at being people in situations where they need to be.
Damn, he was so extreme in the middle part of the article but it's very true though.

It's brooker. Have you ever seen some of his stuff on TV? His cynical satire and calling BS with no qualms is something I can only aspire to in life.
It's brooker. Have you ever seen some of his stuff on TV? His cynical satire and calling BS with no qualms is something I can only aspire to in life.

Nope, but the way he was talking about how clubbers shouldn't breed was woah.
Nope, but the way he was talking about how clubbers shouldn't breed was woah.

Yeah that's just him doing his whole brand thing I doubt he actually means it deep down. It's like what Katie hopkins does, and Donald trump to some extent.
Tbh when I was at Uni I enjoyed the pre-drinks and after parties more.

Depending how pre-drinks went helped decide the night out. Plus the nights in the SU bar/club was much better and cheaper than in town.... god I miss it sometimes!
Then don't go. What's the problem?
I'm a man and I only go to get sex. I agree clubbing is boring and lacks real interaction.

Please forgive it is very extreme in tone because of the nature of the author but the underlying premise I agree with :yep:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/fashion.comment

Omg I love that article. I couldn't more with every word he wrote.
Original post by 098udf89dsf
Omg I love that article. I couldn't more with every word he wrote.

Can't tell if srs?

Perhaps we should bond over our similar feelings towards vacuous morons? :colone:
Perhaps we should bond over our similar feelings towards vacuous morons? :colone:

Covalent(ly)? No can do; I don't share my electrons.
Original post by Anonymous
I started going clubbing because I'm first year and all my flatmates are going. If I'm being honest, I really don't see what's so great about it. I mean the main reason is that there is no real connection developed with you and the people you meet there. Most are too drunk to remember you and it's all about lust.
I've always wanted a simple life, but now that I've started going clubbing I just feel like I've overcomplicated it. Not to mention my health issues, lack of sleep on the night after, anxiety from the environment etc.

I don't like going to typical night clubs too because as you put it; it's a waste of time. You need to hang around with different friends...

I prefer to go to bars, cafes, pubs etc where it's more laid back and you can actually speak and be heard when meeting people and more meaningful.

(Everyone's different and likes different things, some people like going to night clubs, many don't) live life doing what makes you happy with people who make you happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 098udf89dsf
Covalent(ly)? No can do; I don't share my electrons.

You don't have a choice.

I'm a free radical and I'm here to steal your electrons. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending