Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    You don't have a choice.

I'm a free radical and I'm here to steal your electrons. :teehee:
    Do you intend to permanently deprive me of my electrons?

ReputationRep:
    So much autism here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    So much autism here.
    Come on Bernie that's not very liberal or democratic of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 098udf89dsf)
    Do you intend to permanently deprive me of my electrons?
    It's not an intention because it's not something I can avoid doing.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Bernie that's not very liberal or democratic of you.
    Clubbing is not the best thing in the world and certainly when you get guys in their mid 30's going out on the prowl, I will think that at best you're an emotionally retarded manchild and at worst, a second rate nonce, but it's normal and fun to do stupid, pointless things.

ReputationRep:
    So much autism here.
    Come on, you've never even got drunk; you probably agree more with those who can see clubbing for what it is.

It's not an intention because it's not something I can avoid doing.
    Are you pleading loss of self-control (under s.54 of the CJA 2009), or a lack of capacity (under the MCA 2005)?

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing is not the best thing in the world and certainly when you get guys in their mid 30's going out on the prowl, I will think that at best you're an emotionally retarded manchild and at worst, a second rate nonce, but it's normal and fun to do stupid, pointless things.
    it's also normal that people enjoy different stupid, pointless things less than other stupid, pointless things and people's choices are simply that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 098udf89dsf)
    Come on, you've never even got drunk; you probably agree more with those who can see clubbing for what it is.
    How the **** do you know that? :rofl:

The amount of times I have been told I would be the perfect Muslim

I just think that one of your professors, in addition to being really clever, is this beautiful hot mess (not like that) where he spends most of his pay on hookers and is shooting all sorts of cocaine in the toilets between lectures.

'you've got a little sugar from the doughnuts above your lip sir '

ReputationRep:
    it's also normal that people enjoy different stupid, pointless things less than other stupid, pointless things and people's choices are simply that.
    but a healthy person wouldn't care about other people's enjoyment of different stupid pointless things hence the autism comment.

(I don't think clubbing is particularly good at all, but I strongly dislike TSR's anti-social, virgin circlejerk)

ReputationRep:
    The amount of times I have been told I would be the perfect Muslim
    I don't think merely not getting drunk strictly qualifies you as a model muslim

but a healthy person wouldn't care about other people's enjoyment of different stupid pointless things hence the autism comment.
    i think it's just a response to how pervasive the opinion that it is the norm is.

ReputationRep:
    damn, are people really arguing over peoples harmless hobbies

D:

ReputationRep:

(I don't think clubbing is particularly good at all, but I strongly dislike TSR's anti-social, virgin circlejerk)
    I think it's more about people feeling isolated because they don't enjoy it and seeking like-minded attitudes rather than it being about hating on people who do enjoy clubbing.

Granted the Brooker article I linked was disparaging to that effect but that's Charlie Brooker and I agreed with aspects of it as they explain why I do not enjoy this particular pastime.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I know how you feel. I hate it, I do not enjoy standing around in a dark room jumping about like a moron. But sadly most of my friends love going clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more about people feeling isolated because they don't enjoy it and seeking like-minded attitudes rather than it being about hating on people who do enjoy clubbing.

Granted the Brooker article I linked was disparaging to that effect but that's Charlie Brooker and I agreed with aspects of it as they explain why I do not enjoy this particular pastime.
    It's a bit like atheism, I'm sure we can both agree that many religions are pointless, cause problems and were probably made-up by narcissists and charlatans, but TSR atheists (lustawny) still manage to be more annoying than any religious person I have ever met. It's this weird smugness which arises from being part of a counterjerk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I started going clubbing because I'm first year and all my flatmates are going. If I'm being honest, I really don't see what's so great about it. I mean the main reason is that there is no real connection developed with you and the people you meet there. Most are too drunk to remember you and it's all about lust.
    I've always wanted a simple life, but now that I've started going clubbing I just feel like I've overcomplicated it. Not to mention my health issues, lack of sleep on the night after, anxiety from the environment etc.
    I hate clubbing too. But sometimes its nice to go out with your friends, just to have fun. But not really always.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like clubbing. Well until one time we met some girls and got a hotel room for the night.

I woke up at 6am next to a naked body so out of my league that a guy like me should be forbidden to lay hands on.

It was then I realised. This is the true meaning of clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like clubbing. I'm definitely no club rat and it'd be **** if you went all the time, but for a occasional bit of fun it's alright.
    There's no need to drink so long as you're not a boring ******* who needs alcohol before they can dance and missing a few hours sleep isn't going to kill you.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit like atheism, I'm sure we can both agree that many religions are pointless, cause problems and were probably made-up by narcissists and charlatans, but TSR atheists (lustawny) still manage to be more annoying than any religious person I have ever met. It's this weird smugness which arises from being part of a counterjerk.
    It's a bit of a slippery slope argument you're getting into now.

To overcome the judgement of not going along with the norm you sometimes have to employ a certain smugness, not that I'm condoning the actions of anyone mentioned. :rolleyes:

And Brooker is only using comedy and extremism as a vehicle for his views because that's his thing.

ReputationRep:
    To overcome the judgement of not going along with the norm you sometimes have to employ a certain smugness
    In what situation do you have to be smug to 'overcome the judgement of not going along with the norm'?

Really terrible writing which doesn't really mean anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    In what situation do you have to be smug to 'overcome the judgement of not going along with the norm'?

Really terrible writing which doesn't really mean anything
    Idk it's just based on experience of being judged heavily for simply saying 'I don't want to go out tonight' throughout all of university.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.