The Student Room Group

How to tell mum that you're going on a date

I'm 17 and in lower sixth. He's 19, first year of uni at a city about 40 mins from mine. We're both guys.

I'm planning to go on a date with him, just out for a meal. This will be our fourth date.

I haven't mentioned him yet.
How do I tell her?
Reply 1
Have you come out to your family? Or are you asking how to come out to your family?
Original post by BWV1007
Have you come out to your family? Or are you asking how to come out to your family?

I've told her, she told me it's a phase.
I'm asking how do I tell her that I'm going on a date.
I think you've just gotta be straight up. As clear as you made it in this OP.
Reply 4
Original post by jackmolineux

In that case, do you think it's better if your mum knows? Is she going to be accepting about it?
Reply 5

Love is love. You don't need to tell her anything, I don't tell mine about my dates. Enjoy your date and just relax :smile:
I'm 17 and in lower sixth. He's 19, first year of uni at a city about 40 mins from mine. We're both guys.

I'm planning to go on a date with him, just out for a meal. This will be our fourth date.

How do I tell her?

"Mum, I'm going out on a date".

Chances are she knows you're gay already, even if you don't think she does.
MUM,DAD!!i am going to my mates house to play fifa for three hours (wouldnt even dare saying i am actually playing COD at their house :lol: )
When they say sure proceed on your date :h:

That would be my tactic :yes:
Reply 8

How do I tell her?

You don't have to tell her.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
MUM,DAD!!i am going to my mates house to play fifa for three hours (wouldnt even dare saying i am actually playing COD at their house :lol: )
When they say sure proceed on your date :h:

That would be my tactic :yes:

Or going outside to play footy works aswell.

What u got against cod?
I wouldnt. I only tell my parents about boyfriends when they're serious (as in at least a couple of months, but depends on the guy).
Just tell her straight that you are dating someone.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Or going outside to play footy works aswell.

What u got against cod?

Notbing but they say it is too violent :indiff: i know it is just a game lol
'Mom I am going on a date, wish me luck'
Just say you're going on a date/going out with a friend?.
It's not much of a big deal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I'm putting my jacket on while leaving. Basically so she knows where I am and what my plans are.... but still retaining a level of privacy...

Then again it may be a moot point... I'm 24 and tell her everything randomly anyway lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending