Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many dates before its considered ok to have sex with a guy? Watch

So before Christmas I got out of a long term relationship (5 year relationship) and ive just started talking to someone new.. Although, im not good at this being single malarkey and i dont know what im doing to be quite honest..

we've met up once so far and it went really good, we went bowling, got food and sat talking in my car for hours outside his house.. We ended it with a pretty deep kiss. Weve been talking every day since then and have planned to meet up but due to personal circumstances of his he had to cancel.. However, im going to be seeing him some day this week.

Some of our conversations have gotten a little sexual and because im new to being single and how it all works i was wondering how many dates people normally go on or how many times they meet before they get physically sexual.. i know it will differ between people but i just want some guidance and reassurance as ive never done dating before.

Also do guys mind inexperienced girls? im 19 and have only been with my ex partner and i know hes been with a few more girls.. so im just a bit worried as to whether he will mind :/

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Whatever feels comfortable with you my darling.

It really is that simple. Try not to over-think things.

One date and a lot of online chit-chat may be enough.

Or maybe it will take ten.

ReputationRep:
    There is not set amount of time... Only when you are ready and you'll know for certain when you are.

Some guys prefer more innocent girls while others prefer more experienced girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its whenever you feel like it honestly :P

ReputationRep:
    Just start things up when you are ready. Everyone has a different pace, just make sure you don't end up regretting it and you know his intentions with you are good.

Different guys seem to prefer different things but if he is acting like that with you then I'm sure he doesn't mind how experienced, or inexperienced, you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Also do guys mind inexperienced girls? im 19 and have only been with my ex partner and i know hes been with a few more girls.. so im just a bit worried as to whether he will mind :/
    He won't turn you down for that.

(Original post by AccountingBabe)
    There is not set amount of time... Only when you are ready and you'll know for certain when you are.

Some guys prefer more innocent girls while others prefer more experienced girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just dont want to come across as easy if you know what i mean.. or maybe im just thinking too much into it all? Being single is confusing and awkward haha.

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Whatever feels comfortable with you my darling.

It really is that simple. Try not to over-think things.

One date and a lot of online chit-chat may be enough.

Or maybe it will take ten.
    Would you think a girl was "easy" if she did after one date and online talking? 0_o because i dont want to come across that way..

ReputationRep:
    Would you think a girl was "easy" if she did after one date and online talking? 0_o because i dont want to come across that way..
    No.... Stop thinking that way... Do what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be flattered tbh that she wanted me that badly.

I'm not down for that sort of thing so quickly though. So I'd politely decline until I can get to know you a bit better

I think most men wouldn't judge you badly for it. Not once they've so clearly shown they're interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlobalJewMafia)
    Shouldn't be doing outside of reproduction. Better to learn sensual massage techniques ra. Anyone ****ing around before graduation is a bit of a pleb frankly
    Only plebs say pleb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I'd be flattered tbh that she wanted me that badly.

I'm not down for that sort of thing so quickly though. So I'd politely decline until I can get to know you a bit better

I think most men wouldn't judge you badly for it. Not once they've so clearly shown they're interested in you.
    so maybe i should wait until we meet up a few more times right? i think id probably cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life if my sexual advances were turned down haha :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    so maybe i should wait until we meet up a few more times right? i think id probably cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life if my sexual advances were turned down haha :facepalm:
    No. Just go for whatever makes you comfortable pre-overthinking ****. Most guys are not like me. Most would be down to **** you on the first date if you were.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Mandatory on 3rd date. More seriously, do as you feel

ReputationRep:
    I think most guys above are being nice. Tbh quite a few guys would judge you if you had sex with him on a second date or so. Or at-least might reconsider a long term thing. It's up to you though, but if that's what you're worried about and you do really like him, I'd wait a few more dates.

ReputationRep:
    The first date would've been a nice time js.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterandGold-x)
    I think most guys above are being nice. Tbh quite a few guys would judge you if you had sex with him on a second date or so. Or at-least might reconsider a long term thing. It's up to you though, but if that's what you're worried about and you do really like him, I'd wait a few more dates.
    That's ********. If the guy likes the girl then he's not going to care when she wants to sleep with him. It's always a big ego boost if a girl wants to sleep with a guy early into their relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    That's ********. If the guy likes the girl then he's not going to care when she wants to sleep with him. It's always a big ego boost if a girl wants to sleep with a guy early into their relationship
    Fair enough. I've heard some guys say otherwise though. I guess everyone's different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.