The Student Room Group

is it racist to not like black guys unless they are mixed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
What does this question have anything to do with what I asked?

The main thrust of the debate seems to be as to whether the OP has a preference or may be racist. I would say that if their choice is based on racism, then they should feel free to say so and maintain their right to hold racist views in a free and open society.
*reads title then reads child is half black and then ... LOLOLOLOL*

you sound like someone with problems and possibly retarded (not because of your racial preference, I have racial preferences too)

you're child is half black ... and you're on TSR saying you don't like blacks. Are you a single mother lol?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Limpopo
The main thrust of the debate seems to be as to whether the OP has a preference or may be racist. I would say that if their choice is based on racism, then they should feel free to say so and maintain their right to hold racist views in a free and open society.

Do you want a plaque or a metal? I didn't ask, I have no idea why you felt compelled to quote me about this.

I don't like this debate swerve.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Bealzibub
*reads title then reads child is half black and then ... LOLOLOLOL*

you sound like someone with problems and possibly retarded (not because of your racial preference, I have racial preferences too)

you're child is half black ... and you're on TSR saying you don't like blacks. Are you a single mother lol?

I said I only like black men if they look mixed. It appears you lack comprehension as I never said I didn't like black men but you're not alone so don't feel so sad and blue.
(edited 8 years ago)
No. Case closed.
Reply 25
Original post by xobeauty
Do you want a plaque or a metal? I didn't ask, I have no idea why you felt compelled to quote me about this.

I don't like this debate swerve.

I never said I was racist though I was asking generally because someone else brought it up.
Original post by nrb17
I never said I was racist though I was asking generally because someone else brought it up.

I never called you racist:smile:
As far as I'm concerned, this question was unnecessary. If your preference was as innocent as you're now fervently trying to argue it is, you wouldn't have had any qualms in the first place.

The ugly truth is yes, we all have racial preferences. It's been influenced by years of propaganda ( not necessarily euro centric) and there's no escaping that.

Kudos to you for acknowledging your racial preference instead of conforming to political correctness. There really is no such thing as "Seeing no colour/ethnicity"

If you harbour inherent disdain for people of said ethnicity to the extent that the very image of them is pejorative to you then yes, you're racist. But if it's merely a case of "this is generally what I like" then delete this thread go about your life, and date whoever the hell you please.

Sincerely
- A woman of colour.
You are worried about being racist because you are not usually attracted to black men unless they look mixed, well that's what you said. What's the problem with that then? You can be attracted to anyone you like, it's your opinion and noone can tell you what to do.
Original post by Limpopo
I would say that if their choice is based on racism, then they should feel free to say so and maintain their right to hold racist views in a free and open society.

I don't see that opinion very much nowadays, so that's a breath of fresh air. I agree, otherwise that would be a violation of freedom of speech.
But anyway, the OP described it as just a lack of sexual attraction, and that's all it is. There's no implication that they feel they're superior to blacks, which would be more than faithful to the definition of racism.
Reply 30
No mixed people tend to look better anyway
Reply 31
http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/58436/20160205/golden-state-warriors-rumors-barack-obama-thinks-klay-thompson-is-better-than-stephen-curry-video.htm

in the link above it ows how black people vary. Geneally speaking I notacted to the fdarker ones. But I wold have a high chance of beattrad t the onethat are lighyt
Reply 32
Who gives a **** what you think?
It's quite racist to write off a group of people due to their skin color, doesn't matter which way you spin it.
Preference is what you call it. We like what we like. As long as you don't hate blacks lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Princepieman
It's quite racist to write off a group of people due to their skin color, doesn't matter which way you spin it.

I never said I didn't like black men though.

I gave an example in my last post. In a room full of black people they don't all look the same. I didn't say I didn't like black men. I just don't like the ones that don't look my type. The one shown next to the guy fits my type even though he is black. It's not about whatever stereotypes are attached to black men because they're attached to men like klay Thompson as much as they are to the guy in front of him. I personally am only attracted to men that are lighter with complexions similar to Stephen curry (at the darker) or klay Thompson. These people are both black. Just the same as Draymond green. They're all black racially. I personally don't care about that. What I care about is appearance fitting my type that's all. And that's how I've found I'm attracted to black white Hispanic and biracial men all the same. Like I said it's all to do with looks not racial identity for me.

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/58436/20160205/golden-state-warriors-rumors-barack-obama-thinks-klay-thompson-is-better-than-stephen-curry-video.htm
Reply 36
Original post by Mancini
Who gives a **** what you think?

he did apparently enough to say it's racist.
Original post by nrb17
I never said I didn't like black men though.

I gave an example in my last post. In a room full of black people they don't all look the same. I didn't say I didn't like black men. I just don't like the ones that don't look my type. The one shown next to the guy fits my type even though he is black. It's not about whatever stereotypes are attached to black men because they're attached to men like klay Thompson as much as they are to the guy in front of him. I personally am only attracted to men that are lighter with complexions similar to Stephen curry (at the darker) or klay Thompson. These people are both black. Just the same as Draymond green. They're all black racially. I personally don't care about that. What I care about is appearance fitting my type that's all. And that's how I've found I'm attracted to black white Hispanic and biracial men all the same. Like I said it's all to do with looks not racial identity for me.

It's lowkey racism (favouring a lighter complexion) but not really that bad. To each their own I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Princepieman
It's lowkey racism (favouring a lighter complexion) but not really that bad. To each their own I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no I prefer it because I am lighter skinned. That's what I find attractive for obvious reasons. Therefore if a guy looks rather close in phenotype to my type then I'm all for it. And it's not just about skin tone. I have a preferred body shape type weight height facial structure etc. It all constitutes as my type.
Not racist at all it's just a matter of preference.

I think people are way too quick to call out racism these days..

Or I've heard people saying 'not to be racist...but you know the black guy.... < that's not racist it's a fact, the guy was black and you are trying to distinguish him so they know who you're talking about..it's the same as saying..the guy with the red hat.

And I'm in an ethnic minority so I'm just saying...

Quick Reply

Latest