Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't consider Pakistanis to be South Asian.

They look more like a Middle Eastern ethnicity and I always confuse Pakistanis for Middle Easterners. Their anthropology also make them closer to Middle Easterners than to Indians.

Their culture is also mostly of Middle Eastern descent. Their language is written in a Middle Eastern script (and a lot of Indians don't speak Hindi anyway) and their only unique tie to India is the British import of cricket.

Economically, they are also far more integrated into Middle East than into South Asia.I've met so many Indians who talk of 'Indian' as if Pakistanis weren't South Asian, and so much **** exists between the two ethnicities.

ReputationRep:
    A map seems to disagree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Cringe

ReputationRep:
    I always kinda knew they were white, so you could be right!

ReputationRep:
    :congrats::congrats::congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogersinu)
    I don't consider Pakistanis to be South Asian.

They look more like a Middle Eastern ethnicity and I always confuse Pakistanis for Middle Easterners. Their anthropology also make them closer to Middle Easterners than to Indians.

Their culture is also mostly of Middle Eastern descent. Their language is written in a Middle Eastern script (and a lot of Indians don't speak Hindi anyway) and their only unique tie to India is the British import of cricket.

Economically, they are also far more integrated into Middle East than into South Asia.I've met so many Indians who talk of 'Indian' as if Pakistanis weren't South Asian, and so much **** exists between the two ethnicities.
    Lol mate brown is brown.There's no point trying to rank or differentiate it.

Whether you're Indian, Bangladeshi or Pakistani the rest of the world sees you the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    How does a map disagree? I've seen Pakistan put in the Middle East many times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Lol mate brown is brown.There's no point trying to rank or differentiate it.

Whether you're Indian, Bangladeshi or Pakistani the rest of the world sees you the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    obviously not!

Most people who think like that also think we're allall Middle Easterners!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you make a thread about this a few months ago on another account?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what map you've been interpreting OP.

ReputationRep:

I've met so many Indians who talk of 'Indian' as if Pakistanis weren't South Asian, and so much **** exists between the two ethnicities.
    And that is presumably why you're presenting this obviously flawed (and tired old) argument. Pakistanis are south Asians, and that's a fact independent of the inferiority complex felt by some Pakistanis.

ReputationRep:
    Their anthropology also make them closer to Middle Easterners than to Indians.
    You are more dense than nuclear waste.

ReputationRep:
    never read so much ********

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Eyy PRSOM XP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Why do you keep putting XD on these? I feel it detracts from the statement.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    The Middle East have Pakistani immigrants.

Other than that I'm sure Pakistanis don't classify as Middle Eastern. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Why do you keep putting XD on these? I feel it detracts from the statement.
    Haha Im just trying to lighten the mood and bring some smiles to ppl rather than have this thread just be full of people like "OMG READ THE MAP" and "what a bad thread" and getting negative and stuff, but maybe you're right, I tone it down then xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.