Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pakistanis aren't South Asian watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogersinu)
    I don't consider Pakistanis to be South Asian.

They look more like a Middle Eastern ethnicity and I always confuse Pakistanis for Middle Easterners. Their anthropology also make them closer to Middle Easterners than to Indians.

Their culture is also mostly of Middle Eastern descent. Their language is written in a Middle Eastern script (and a lot of Indians don't speak Hindi anyway) and their only unique tie to India is the British import of cricket.

Economically, they are also far more integrated into Middle East than into South Asia.I've met so many Indians who talk of 'Indian' as if Pakistanis weren't South Asian, and so much **** exists between the two ethnicities.
    I was watching a documentary the other day about Pakistani Kashmiri immigrants in the UK, they said they have a very Indian culture aside from the religious differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I was watching a documentary the other day about Pakistani Kashmiri immigrants in the UK, they said they have a very Indian culture aside from the religious differences.
    As someone who knows more Arabs than Pakistanis, what exactly makes Pakistanis "Indian" and not "Arab"/" Middle Eastern "? Even genetics would disagree with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    shame you didn't get any of them buff distinctly arab genes in your phenotype
    post your pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rogersuniv)
    As someone who knows more Arabs than Pakistanis, what exactly makes Pakistanis "Indian" and not "Arab"/" Middle Eastern "? Even genetics would disagree with you!
    I'm only repeating what the Pakistani Kashmiri people featured on the documentary said, I have zero knowledge of South Asian genetics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only repeating what the Pakistani Kashmiri people featured on the documentary said, I have zero knowledge of South Asian genetics.
    Dude the guy who quoted you is deluded. Genetically Indian people and Pakistani people are literally the same, maybe tiny tribes that aren't but I am talking about most of the population. Arabs/Afghans(different tribes)/Iranians and so on have nothing to do with pakistanis lol. Many desi people sadly disrespect themselves by thinking they are inferior unless they are linked to a more interesting culture such as OP.

ReputationRep:
    I don't consider Pakistanis to be South Asian.

They look more like a Middle Eastern ethnicity and I always confuse Pakistanis for Middle Easterners. Their anthropology also make them closer to Middle Easterners than to Indians.

Their culture is also mostly of Middle Eastern descent. Their language is written in a Middle Eastern script (and a lot of Indians don't speak Hindi anyway) and their only unique tie to India is the British import of cricket.

Economically, they are also far more integrated into Middle East than into South Asia.I've met so many Indians who talk of 'Indian' as if Pakistanis weren't South Asian, and so much **** exists between the two ethnicities.
    Both pakastani and Indians are white. So are middle eastern people. But geographically they are south Asian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nrb17)
    Both pakastani and Indians are white. So are middle eastern people. But geographically they are south Asian.
    :facepalm:

My mind is officially f**ked

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)

Hermione: What. An. Idiot.
    Maybe he got confused with the wrong 'Aryan' :rofl: :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Errm..why is this thread still going on?

Us Pakistanis ourselves identify ourselves as South Asian and desi. We take pride in that. There is no reason for us to be given the label of 'Middle easterns' cos simply we aren't. I'm not racist or anything but everytime I see someone say this, I find it extremely offensive and cringy. Like just stop. We are desis. End of. Get that in your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    Hermione: What. An. Idiot.
    Maybe he got confused with the wrong 'Aryan' :rofl: :fuhrer:
    Look up the Caucasian race. White is anyone with white skin and t of the Caucasian race. Which any light skinned pakistani or indian is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nrb17)
    Look up the Caucasian race. White is anyone with white skin and t of the Caucasian race. Which any light skinned pakistani or indian is.
    lmao. okay. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

ReputationRep:
    only thing that confuses me with the Caucasian race is that I've never seen an Ethiopian with white skin. And I live in vegas and there all over. The women are very beautiful and all shades of brown but none have Caucasian skin. But I can see how the cranio infrastructure is Caucasian. I'd just think if they are the same race how come nobody is light skinned?

ReputationRep:
    As a Pakistani, I identify as British. Born and bred, baby. Little bit of brown can't hurt. Definitely not MEastern though.

(Half Pakistani)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nrb17)
    only thing that confuses me with the Caucasian race is that I've never seen an Ethiopian with white skin. And I live in vegas and there all over. The women are very beautiful and all shades of brown but none have Caucasian skin. But I can see how the cranio infrastructure is Caucasian. I'd just think if they are the same race how come nobody is light skinned?
    Being caucasian is based more on face shape rather than skin colour ffs man whats wrong with some deluded people.

Yes pakistani could be caucasian but not white skin lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    As a Pakistani, I identify as British. Born and bred, baby. Little bit of brown can't hurt. Definitely not MEastern though.

(Half Pakistani)
    Mashalla brova Mashalla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawbringer)
    Mashalla brova Mashalla

ReputationRep:
    Caucasian and white are used interchangeably thanks to American police shows.

ReputationRep:
    Caucasian and white are used interchangeably thanks to American police shows.
    Well thats wrong. As you could see in the wiki post uts about skull shape not much about skin colour. Even said this infront of my biology teacher who thought that white=Caucasian.

ReputationRep:
    How does a map disagree? I've seen Pakistan put in the Middle East many times!
    Lol...

Whether Iran is the middle east is contentious nevermind damn Pakistan.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.