Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rogersuniv)
    What if South Asians dislike Pakistanis being grouped with Indians?
    then people need to be told that pakistan and india are two different countries in south asia with a diverse group of people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    then people need to be told that pakistan and india are two different countries in south asia with a diverse group of people
    Oryou need to be told that a lot of South Asians find it bizzare that Pakistanis are grouped with South Asians!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Indian and I think exactly like you, but with "Middle Eastern" and "Indin" switched around.

I actually think ot's racist to group Pakistanis in with Indians.
    How is it racist to group Pakistanis in with Indians? Do you know anything about the history? The cultures are different, yes but that is due to the religious differences. You're just one of those Indians that are brought up to hate Pakistani people because they are predominantly Muslim and at the end of the day if anyone is being racist - it's you

HA. Literally, South Asia has no significance on our map. Besides the odd racist Chinese jokes, its literally of everyones agenda. So do you really think that Pakistan represent South Asia? Half the population don't even know its in South Asia? Arrest your self-obsession with the country because India are no way better!

(Original post by DoyouEden?)
    How is it racist to group Pakistanis in with Indians? Do you know anything about the history? The cultures are different, yes but that is due to the religious differences. You're just one of those Indians that are brought up to hate Pakistani people because they are predominantly Muslim and at the end of the day if anyone is being racist - it's you
    I dont follow a religion but if they were to scape goat muslims as violent, the biggest hysteria in India was between the Hindu and the Sikhs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    I dont follow a religion but if they were to scape goat muslims as violent, the biggest hysteria in India was between the Hindu and the Sikhs.
    Exactly! I'm Pakistani and I dont dislike Indians at all, I recognise the fact that at the end of the day we are/were the same people, it's so sad that religious differences drove us apart and the fact this guy is going on about Pakistanis not being South Asian and that they shouldnt be put in that category like dude do you know how this whole grouping things work? LOL I know he's only saying that because he was brought up that way and it's quite sad really

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Kashmiri Pakistani and I consider my self South Asian. NO WAY middle eastern. I think this perception of India vs Pakistani people hating each other to their guts, is rather silly as well. Let's not forget Pakistan was a part of India until 1947. As a Pakistani living in Pakistan, I've always seemed to get on with Indians, especially when I visited India. But this is my experience, I don't know about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarotOfMagic)
    Lol Pakistan is in South Asia, whether you like it or not. The only thing 'middle eastern' about Pakistan is that the majority of them are Muslims. Their culture, language and looks are entirely different. If they were to speak their language in the middle-east, not one person would understand them - besides the immigrants of course.

I don't know why Pakistanis want to be Middle-Eastern so badly. They're leaving behind such beautiful Indian roots. It's just pathetic.

Btw, I'm a Middle-Eastern and lots of other MEs seem to agree with me.
    As a Pakistani, I can safely say we do not believe we are Middle Eastern, we believe we are South Asian and we quite like being South Asian. I have NEVER once in my life heard a Pakistani call them self Middle Eastern, any person knows that ME and South Asia and very different places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarotOfMagic)
    Lol Pakistan is in South Asia, whether you like it or not. The only thing 'middle eastern' about Pakistan is that the majority of them are Muslims. Their culture, language and looks are entirely different. If they were to speak their language in the middle-east, not one person would understand them - besides the immigrants of course.

I don't know why Pakistanis want to be Middle-Eastern so badly. They're leaving behind such beautiful Indian roots. It's just pathetic.

Btw, I'm a Middle-Eastern and lots of other MEs seem to agree with me.

Trust me, theres NO WAY we want to be Middle Eastern (no offence intended whatsoever) You're right, we are ENTIRELY different. An Egyptian guy I met said that apparently there are a significant amount of similar words in both languages, however I feel that is too exaggerated. I don't know about your MEs agreeing with you but lets just say here, in Pakistan we hold no such claim or dream...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    Trust me, theres NO WAY we want to be Middle Eastern (no offence intended whatsoever) You're right, we are ENTIRELY different. An Egyptian guy I met said that apparently there are a significant amount of similar words in both languages, however I feel that is too exaggerated. I don't know about your MEs agreeing with you but lets just say here, in Pakistan we hold no such claim or dream...
    EXACTLY! I dont know where this person is getting what they said from, it's absolute nonsense! The only thing we share with the Middle East is religion and there's a few words that are similar but not that many at all, and the alphabet looks similar but is completely different in terms or pronunciation etc.

ReputationRep:
    so much bull ****. Pakistan is not in the middle east. it's in Asia. and what do you mean you don't consider them south Asians? they are south Asians whether you like it or not. i have a lot of Pakistani friends so i know this for a fact plus there is something called a map i think you should go look it up. i don't know who's been feeding you this info OP

ReputationRep:
    EXACTLY! I dont know where this person is getting what they said from, it's absolute nonsense! The only thing we share with the Middle East is religion and there's a few words that are similar but not that many at all, and the alphabet looks similar but is completely different in terms or pronunciation etc.
    Ye Inki Khush Femhi :P
    Exactly. I'll be surprised if any of us claim we were Middle Eastern -Yeah, no, not at all :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    Ye Inki Khush Femhi :P
    Exactly. I'll be surprised if any of us claim we were Middle Eastern -Yeah, no, not at all :'
    Hahaha that is so true, same it would be VERY surprising to see any of us claim the were Middle Eastern

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha that is so true, same it would be VERY surprising to see any of us claim the were Middle Eastern
    I've only seen one guy on tsr a few months back who was claiming we were Persians, that's pretty much it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    I've only seen one guy on tsr a few months back who was claiming we were Persians, that's pretty much it
    That's only a few people though, my dad's family were originally Persian but they dont identify as Persian at all, they just say they are Kashmiri Pakistani's lmao

ReputationRep:
    Oryou need to be told that a lot of South Asians find it bizzare that Pakistanis are grouped with South Asians!
    Pakistan is considered to be in Asia, and when you say South Asians are you talking specifically indian people? South asians does not just equal to indians, there are other countries in south asia as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    For goodness sake, I don't where they get this all from honestly, its straightforward, we're South Asian end of story... :P

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I'm Pakistani and I dont dislike Indians at all, I recognise the fact that at the end of the day we are/were the same people, it's so sad that religious differences drove us apart and the fact this guy is going on about Pakistanis not being South Asian and that they shouldnt be put in that category like dude do you know how this whole grouping things work? LOL I know he's only saying that because he was brought up that way and it's quite sad really
    What exactly makes Pakistanis closer to Indians rather than Afghanis or Iranians?

An empirw doesn't mean anything, or else parts of North Afeica would be paet of Europe and parts of White Russia wouls be Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    When you see all those ISIS fighters, they look not much different to Pakistani's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stand.Up)
    When you see all those ISIS fighters, they look not much different to Pakistani's.
    That's because they are foreign fighters who are mostly Asian. Look at the pro Bashar clan and the Syrian population in general, they are fair middle easterners.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.