Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Also yeah an unofficial mark scheme would be good, I've just covered 9 out of 10 of the grammar words (anyone remember that other 1 that I've missed?) and I remember bits and pieces throughout the test.

Anyone remember the exact questions haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Here's my tips:
    • To learn vocab: stick German words with their meanings on bedroom wall. Read through every night and highlight the one's you remember (try using it in a sentence).
    • Change the language on your phone to German, it actually helps a lot!
    • Speak to yourself in German, crazy but it's useful.
    • If you know someone that speaks German tell them to speak to you only in German when they see you
    • Watch German things (I got through a whole season of a German soap opera, it was like friends forgot the name!) :lol:
    • In your spare time write a story in German
    Overall, just find little ways to enjoy learning German.

Gut Glück!
    There's no chance that you would remember the German soap opera is there? Because I'm looking for a new German series to watch after finishing Deustchland 83, yes I'm still distraught.... It was such an amazing series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Also yeah an unofficial mark scheme would be good, I've just covered 9 out of 10 of the grammar words (anyone remember that other 1 that I've missed?) and I remember bits and pieces throughout the test.

I've started one - will publish it to all of you when I've filled in what I can remember and what's on here already, does that sound okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    I've started one - will publish it to all of you when I've filled in what I can remember and what's on here already, does that sound okay?
    Yeah x)

in case this helps, for the smoking thingy;

q1) along lines of smoking damages the majority of the human organs = richtig
    q2) even people who have smoked for many years can still benefit from quitting(?) = richtig
    q3) many find it easy to give up = false
    q4) those whose partner smokes, smoke? something like that = NA
    q5) group therapy is a success = richtig
    q6) the state pays for part of the therapy = false
    q7) just quitting for 24 hours can reduce heartproblem risk or something = richtig.

ReputationRep:

Listening:

1)
    a) 3 benefits of friendship?
    b) 3 features of a good friendship?
    c) 4 things that were surprising about the results?
    d)

2)
    a) When did he get his first computer?
    b) Who from?
    c) What did he think of his studies?
    d) Why?
    e) 3 examples of ways he helps his customers?
    f) 2 similarities between computer doctors and doctors?

That's all I can remember in order at the moment

ReputationRep:
    oh actualy whilst we're here can i jus say how weird the first listening thing was about friendships increasing life expectancy like what a bizarre thing to discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah x)

in case this helps, for the smoking thingy;

q1) along lines of smoking damages the majority of the human organs = richtig
    q2) even people who have smoked for many years can still benefit from quitting(?) = richtig
    q3) many find it easy to give up = false
    q4) those whose partner smokes, smoke? something like that = NA
    q5) group therapy is a success = richtig
    q6) the state pays for part of the therapy = false
    q7) just quitting for 24 hours can reduce heartproblem risk or something = richtig.
    Yasss I just filled this one in and got exactly the same as you

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what the sentence was but am sure one of the gap fills was hatten

ReputationRep:
    Was the Hausmann question 15 marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleishans)
    Definitley traumen and werden, and then there was the one about what a director has to do on set and I put 'sorgen' which I'm pretty sure was wrong

Talent besitzen?
    Howay at least the first 2 were right! Talent schon besitzen is what I put- i think it was that. For the diretor question I can't remember what I put :3 Do you remember any of the other options? :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Was the Hausmann question 15 marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylansingh99)
    There's no chance that you would remember the German soap opera is there? Because I'm looking for a new German series to watch after finishing Deustchland 83, yes I'm still distraught.... It was such an amazing series
    After a few minutes f research (never knew it would be so quick to :lol:) I found it! It's called [email protected].

Many episodes available on YouTube. It's especially good for begin German because they use GCSE Level German.

Was Deustchland 83 in English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aschum11)
    Howay at least the first 2 were right! Talent schon besitzen is what I put- i think it was that. For the diretor question I can't remember what I put :3 Do you remember any of the other options? :3
    Yeah it was besitzen, you needed to possess talent whilst ...learning [or something] other things.

ReputationRep:
    Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Could not remember much on the reading, especially Hausmann. Edit away

ReputationRep:
    ihr Leben = their life
    ihre Leben = their lives

You should have put wäre .

I can't remember all of the grammar but some of them should be:

liest
    entwickelt
    mussten
    lockeres
    klare
    bequeme
    hatten
    zurückgekommen
    wäre

don't remember the other 1
    Hi buddy, an you explain why it was not bequemes?

ReputationRep:
    Because das was before it
    --
    Argh **** was the computer from a bekannter? I said Eltern because i didnt hear anyone else mentioned grr.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was besitzen, you needed to possess talent whilst ...learning [or something] other things.
    thanks bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celiajacobs)
    Listening:

1)
    a) 3 benefits of friendship? live longer, it provides health benefits, ?
    b) 3 features of a good friendship? Honesty, Patience and ?
    c) 4 things that were surprising about the results? It lasts twice as long as marriages, 1/3 people have friends from foreign cultures, 1/2 people have friends older than them, It provides a sense of belonging just like siblings

2)
    a) When did he get his first computer? 12 yrs old
    b) Who from? Parents
    c) What did he think of his studies? He was a bit disappointed
    d) Why? there was only theory, it lacked the practical aspect
    e) 3 examples of ways he helps his customers? connects them to the world, .....
    f) 2 similarities between computer doctors and doctors? It is unpleasant but sometimes necessary

That's all I can remember in order at the moment
    Did the best I could, hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    If you just put patient and honest and understanding would you still get the marks?!

ReputationRep:
    because it was das and not ein - sadly there's the difference whether it's the definite/indefinite article

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.