Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Thanks I'm hoping I can, I'll just have to put a lot of practice into speaking. I actually just worked out 99/110 as a percentage and it's 90% which I'm even more astonished at
    That's very impressive you should be proud of yourself, I've seen some people in this thread from quite some time ago going to a few German speaking courses so that might be useful for you for next year if you'd consider it

ReputationRep:
    Yo, this is my first year at an english school and not sure how my 60 oral mark equivalent and 127 unit 1 mar equivalent fits into the whole ums thing and what is the max or where are the boundaries, and what is the points on the far right side of the paper?
    Any help appreciated thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Hallo Leute!

How did everyone do? I got a B in my German AS (7 UMS off an A) do you guys think it's worth me getting it remarked? I got 60 UMS for the speaking and 93 for the listening, reading and writing. Because of the essay in the reading, listening and writing do you think I might be able to score 5 more marks and then get an A or is that too far fetched? Thanks all and I hope you got the grades you wanted

And also, who's continuing German and who's dropping it?
    I wouldn't bother getting the paper remarked because the only way you'd gain marks would be on the essay and it rarely goes up in marks. How far off the next grade were you in the speaking? Because I got mine remarked last year (I retook AS German) and it went up 6 marks which took my whole grade up. So it might be worth getting that remarked- although you would be risking it going down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I got an A overall, which I'm thrilled with

My speaking wasn't so great, I got the exact number of marks needed for a B (I want an a* at A2 and I'm not gonna get it purely cause of my speaking fml), but on the writing I got 99/110 which I'm pretty impressed with .

I am continuing it next year ofc.
    You don't need 90% in AS to get an A* at A2 you just need a 90% in both the speaking and paper in A2, so you don't need to worry about this years grade (an A is awesome!) as long as you do well next year you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowwhite659)
    You don't need 90% in AS to get an A* at A2 you just need a 90% in both the speaking and paper in A2, so you don't need to worry about this years grade (an A is awesome!) as long as you do well next year you'll be fine!
    Ah sorry I wrote my post confusingly, I did know I needed 90% just in the A2 but based on my AS speaking grade it seems like A2 speaking could be the thing that pulls me down !!

And thanks a lot =)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowwhite659)
    I wouldn't bother getting the paper remarked because the only way you'd gain marks would be on the essay and it rarely goes up in marks. How far off the next grade were you in the speaking? Because I got mine remarked last year (I retook AS German) and it went up 6 marks which took my whole grade up. So it might be worth getting that remarked- although you would be risking it going down
    Hi, thank you so much for your advise. I got 60/60 UMS for the speaking which, according to the AQA website, is 50/50 marks I think, I was thinking that even if I remarked the reading, listening and writing and it didn't change then it wouldn't be too bad for me because I'm dropping German so the UMS wouldn't really matter to me that much and I really wanted to achieve an overall A for AS because it would've been super nice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.