Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I had my speaking today!!!

In good news I DIDNT LOSE MY VOICE MY THROAT IS STILL SORE BUT I MANAGED TO DO FINE yay
    In some bad news I was initially offered 2 cards of which one I couldn't take because I chose it as my topic...woops.

I did card A (on music...which was actually pretty uhh difficult woops) and i was asked on my chosen topic (Gesund Leben) + werbung and familie
    --
    I almost cried because i kept saying "UMM AHH UMM" so ****ing often and as soon as the tape stopped recording i slammed my head down on the desk and said IM SO SORRY I SAID UMM SO OFTEN IM SORRY IT WAS BAD

i asked the teacher if she could guess where id be and she said definitely within top 2 grades, but she wouldn't give me an exact

so yay
    Hi, do you know what topics the 6 cards were on for speaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollielollipop)
    Hi, do you know what topics the 6 cards were on for speaking?
    Musik
    Family & Relationships (about Grandparents I think)
    Kommunikationstechologie - Webshopping or something
    Urlaub
    I think healthy eating was another

Not sure of the other one

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone who has their speaking exam tomorrow does well. I'm just so worried that my mind will go completely blank and I'll freeze up. Hopefully no-one from AQA will be there, just my teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horsewithnoname)
    I hope everyone who has their speaking exam tomorrow does well. I'm just so worried that my mind will go completely blank and I'll freeze up. Hopefully no-one from AQA will be there, just my teacher
    mine is tomorrow but for some bizarre reason... I feel fine haha! WHY AM I NOT NERVOUS this is so weird.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any good sentences for how you can help other people in the future?? My oral is tomorrow and I have a weird feeling that I may be asked about this or get a card on this. many thanks

ReputationRep:
    My exam is with WJEC and we get given 2 cards- one card has two photos and one is a german convo and we have to select 2 at random which are upside down. Not excited

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does this make sense please?
    und normalerweise wirklich unterscheidet sich von traditionellen Sportarten oder ein neues Nehmen auf einen traditionellen Sport
    and normally really different from traditional sports or a new take on a traditional sport

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmerjj)
    Hi,
    Does this make sense please?
    und normalerweise wirklich unterscheidet sich von traditionellen Sportarten oder ein neues Nehmen auf einen traditionellen Sport
    and normally really different from traditional sports or a new take on a traditional sport

Thanks
    It doesn't really make sense in English can you give the whole sentence for context?

ReputationRep:
    With less than 2 weeks to go with exams. How are you guys preparing for the listening, reading and writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greentron6)
    With less than 2 weeks to go with exams. How are you guys preparing for the listening, reading and writing?
    We're doing a lot of exam questions in class and we're doing a timed mock of a full exam on Monday. Fun times!
    German is definitely my hardest subject to revise for because I don't know how to revise for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horsewithnoname)
    We're doing a lot of exam questions in class and we're doing a timed mock of a full exam on Monday. Fun times!
    German is definitely my hardest subject to revise for because I don't know how to revise for it.
    True. Are these exam questions from past papers?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really make sense in English can you give the whole sentence for context?
    Sorry here you go,
    Ich bin der Meinung, dass ein Trendsport sehr neu sowie auch modern ist und normalerweise wirklich unterscheidet sich von traditionellen Sportarten oder ein neues Nehmen auf einen traditionellen Sport
    I am of the opinion, that a trendsport is very new aswell as modernand normally really different from traditional sports or a new take on a traditional sport

ReputationRep:
    True. Are these exam questions from past papers?
    Yes, from 2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmerjj)
    Sorry here you go,
    Ich bin der Meinung, dass ein Trendsport sehr neu sowie auch modern ist und normalerweise wirklich unterscheidet sich von traditionellen Sportarten oder ein neues Nehmen auf einen traditionellen Sport
    I am of the opinion, that a trendsport is very new aswell as modernand normally really different from traditional sports or a new take on a traditional sport
    Ah okay I see, thanks. I wouldn't use the word wirklich here as it sounds a bit odd, I think völlig would be better.

Ich bin der Meinung, dass ein Trendsport sehr neu sowie auch modern ist und normalerweise unterscheidet sich völlig von traditionellen Sportarten oder bietet ein neues Nehmen auf einen traditionellen Sport.

I also amended the word order and added bieten (which means to offer/offers) to make the last part of the sentence sound like it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay I see, thanks. I wouldn't use the word wirklich here as it sounds a bit odd, I think völlig would be better.

Ich bin der Meinung, dass ein Trendsport sehr neu sowie auch modern ist und normalerweise unterscheidet sich völlig von traditionellen Sportarten oder bietet ein neues Nehmen auf einen traditionellen Sport.

I also amended the word order and added bieten (which means to offer/offers) to make the last part of the sentence sound like it makes sense.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I did admittedly skim a bit of this but this does look a lotttttttttt betterrrrrr than before. I think you should consider maybe balancing the arguments (e.g. in paragraph 2 you mention about how a job helps you to pay for stuff and as such, but maybe put it on the flip side and show that having a job can cause stress and breakdown relationships etc) cause that'll affect content mark too.

But yes there's much more varied vocab, more varied grammar and content is a lot better.

I would guess again:

Content: 17/20
    Grammar: 4/5
    Vocab: 4 or 5/5 I'm not certain.
    Accuracy: 3 or 4 out of 5.

So low level estimate: 28/35, high level: 30/35

Oh yeah be careful because here you've put:

zB neue Aktivitäten oder Rechnungen

You need to add verbs e.g. Aktivitäten zu tun oder Rechnungen zu behalen, it won't make sense otherwise!!
    --
    These are only educated guesses and pieces of advice btw, I'm still a student myself. But thank you for the compliment also

Also would you like me to explain the passive?
    Hello, just to let you know... I got my essay back and it was marked at 30/35 so again your guesstimate was spot on! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember what the darn Musik card was on lol??? I got that an the grandparents one, did the latter (obviously), but my friend asked me this morning what the other one was and now I'm going crazy cause I can't for the life of me remember lol...??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGMCupcake246)
    Anyone remember what the darn Musik card was on lol??? I got that an the grandparents one, did the latter (obviously), but my friend asked me this morning what the other one was and now I'm going crazy cause I can't for the life of me remember lol...??
    I think it had something to do with a music academy...

ReputationRep:
    I am terrified for Mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGMCupcake246)
    I think it had something to do with a music academy...
    It was about a new music academy and all of the things they would be teaching; it also mentioned the influence of music stars and how they could help the students. I believe the final question asked you about a musician that you liked or something.

I should really know more as I chose that card, but lmao.

It was a very difficult card.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.