Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh God it's now hitting me how close the exam actually is.

I'm frantically trying to revise vocab now for mode & environmental vocab in case they ask about eco-tourism.
    and im trying to revise a hell of a lot of verbs

my god
    just i cant wait for this to be over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Oh God it's now hitting me how close the exam actually is.

I'm frantically trying to revise vocab now for mode & environmental vocab in case they ask about eco-tourism.
    and im trying to revise a hell of a lot of verbs

my god
    just i cant wait for this to be over
    Hey where you getting the verbs from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themathgeek)
    Hey where you getting the verbs from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://quizlet.com/134258572/learn

revising these verbs

the book has verbs of its own but im just trying to learn any verbs i can lmao

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here gonna try and make an unofficial mark scheme tomorrow? Will be surprised if anyone manages to remember all of it tbh lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Hey! I am taking wjec German however I may as well follow. I am currently of a low C grade standard- essay accuracy being my down fall although recently I have received some high scores! Listening I also find hard. I am aiming for an A in the summer for my AS exams in may- I am going to Berlin for 2 weeks during easter to study in a language course on an intense german course- 60 hours including 20 hours of which one to one tuition. Hope it gets me up to an A grade.
    The course in Berlin sounds really good! Are you doing that through a company or something? I want to do one too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lol that was me, nah I thought you had found out someother way haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh right aha, how accurate do u think u are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satansruler)
    Ohh right aha, how accurate do u think u are?
    I think he's certainly on the ball with Fashion, it hasn't appeared for years and years as an essay, the same goes for Kommunikationstechnologie.

I personally think families&relationships would be the third as it usually appears as one, but Urlaub certainly ain't a bad guess either as it hasn't poppd up for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chleox)
    The course in Berlin sounds really good! Are you doing that through a company or something? I want to do one too.
    Hey, I went to Germany on a crash course with GLS Berlin in easter. I came back changed, my oral skills improved crazily as the crash course included 20 hours of one to one speaking. At the start of the year i was predicted an E, tomorrow for my exam I am gunning for a high B/ low A. I met lots of people and my German really changed dramatically and lots in my class complimented me. I am going again for 2 weeks this summer.

ReputationRep:
    Can you please help me understand the difference between wäre & hätte and when to use each one? I've been practicing conditional perfect and imperfect subjunctives for so long and still don't understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Can you please help me understand the difference between wäre & hätte and when to use each one? I've been practicing conditional perfect and imperfect subjunctives for so long and still don't understand
    for the ''non-past'' subjunctiv
    wäre = would be e.g. ich wäre glücklich, wenn..
    hätte = would have e.g. ich hätte eine feste Freundin, wenn...

for the "past" subjunctiv

remember it's formed the same way as perfect tense e.g. ich bin zur Party gegangen. = I went to the party, and then transforming it into a conditional sentence >>> ich wäre zur Party gegangen.

So just think if the sentence would normally take sein/haben in the perfect past tense (sein is for movement or change of state e.g. fahren, sterben, gehen, reisen/haben is for all others e.g. ich habe Pizza gegessen > ich hätte Pizza gegessen)

ReputationRep:
    for the ''non-past'' subjunctiv
    wäre = would be e.g. ich wäre glücklich, wenn..
    hätte = would have e.g. ich hätte eine feste Freundin, wenn...

for the "past" subjunctiv

remember it's formed the same way as perfect tense e.g. ich bin zur Party gegangen. = I went to the party, and then transforming it into a conditional sentence >>> ich wäre zur Party gegangen.

So just think if the sentence would normally take sein/haben in the perfect past tense (sein is for movement or change of state e.g. fahren, sterben, gehen, reisen/haben is for all others e.g. ich habe Pizza gegessen > ich hätte Pizza gegessen)
    Thank you so much, you're a life saver

ReputationRep:
    I think he's certainly on the ball with Fashion, it hasn't appeared for years and years as an essay, the same goes for Kommunikationstechnologie.

I personally think families&relationships would be the third as it usually appears as one, but Urlaub certainly ain't a bad guess either as it hasn't poppd up for years.
    There is a possibility it will be a decent question because I feel those topics are a decent choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    How's everyone feeling for tomorrow?
    Had Maths C1 today and that didn't go well, so not prepared for this German at all

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm SO scared for the exam. I hope everyone does well! Viel Glück!

ReputationRep:
    Danke Schön!

ReputationRep:
    < 3 hours to go, good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Guys I'm SO scared for the exam. I hope everyone does well! Viel Glück!
    Same! I was so upset aftwr C1 that I did basically no German

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Same! I was so upset aftwr C1 that I did basically no German

Good luck everyone
    Forget C1, and lets move onto GERM1! Viel Glück!

ReputationRep:
    There is a possibility it will be a decent question because I feel those topics are a decent choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I hope the questions are actually good too not just the topics

Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    DOES- WENN ICH ÄLTER BIN, WÜRDE ICH .... work grammatically or would it be werde without umlaut.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.