Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, i am wondering how i can revise history, i know that i can revise dates but they just keep slipping out my mind when i get into lesson!
    Currently studying Martin Luther King and Malcolm X if that helps, as this for me is a dry topic making it harder to revise!

Thanks!
    Joe.

ReputationRep:
    use some revision cards, write out the dates and what event their for and turn it into a game (i.e look at the date say what happens, or other way round) - it will make it easier and more fun to learn dates. What I also like to do is use a whiteboard, write out a mind map of the topic - check it then rub it off and do it again. Those are what I do, and I've found them to be quite effective, hope that helps?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Imo essay plans. wrote down the keu points in 5-10 mins for an essay plan without looking. that gives you structure for your answers. See how many of the dates and points you get right.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.