The Student Room Group

Does rape culture exist? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanB1991
Oooo what's your youtube channel?

Yes, there are word combinations in response to everything, but this is not debate! If you have something worth saying here, and I doubt it by this carry on, it most certainly wont be about me.

1/Of course it`s a generalization, it`s supposed to be, and it is not sexist in my opinion,, not as such, because there are still two genders, even if only just.

2/ My views are not stolen, and have evolved as consequence to my totally independent research.

3/ What does "followers" mean. Nothing to do with an e-mail when you post elsewhere here then? The definition of telling me is not having one over me, believe it or not.

4/ Not everybody can be a comedian, nor wishes to be, but it sounds like bragging over the fact you can gain followers through a fun medium to me. Bragging is not laid back, is it? Of course one can argue that trying to save lives is negative, and making people laugh is positive, words are powerful, and there is no place they cannot go in sounding collectively reasonable, However, on 20% of full communication, which is about all we have here, not many would claim to read minds!.
So what now, am I supposed to pick away at your abilities as a comedian, or otherwise, can we begin to pretend that we do have some intelligence, and move on?

5/ Yes, just say whatever makes you think that you look good, very clever, not. As for picking it apart, in your dreams.
Do n`t be daft, one cannot prove a rape culture, one can merely suggest to one. Culture is a concern of collective perception. Anyway, why should I wish to try and prove anything here? At least my views are not stolen from the previous post, Stealing views could be a trend with all of your learning?

If you were clever, which I think you are claiming, none of this would even be taking place. You would have been feeling sufficiently adequate not to have taken us here I take people as I find them, so even if your claim is true, that you have a masters, it still means absolutely nothing to me. Some of those individuals that deliberately avoid examinations spend much more of the time thinking freely, and brilliant thinking is to be found everywhere.

We are totally different individuals, with totally different views, and the intelligent thing is to simply leave it there, I have absolutely no hard feelings, and am totally fine with you as an individual. It must be great to be able to make people laugh, and you are very lucky to have such a gift, and apparently to be able to retain so much information. However, this alone does not deem your opinions any closer to underlying truths than the person without a single qualification to their name.

I`m not there yet with a regular slot on YouTube, but shall be within a few weeks time. Google celebritdiscodave, and some of my current world records can be viewed through links to You Tube. The spring bar bending world record shall be appearing soon on You Tube. I realize that the only interest you have is in trying to rubbish them all, but this is not a problem, trust me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone watched United kingdom's daughter?
Original post by fandom-queen
Has anyone watched United kingdom's daughter?

What`s that? I`m trying to sell a story to Hollywood though, haha!! - True, but I do not fancy my chances much. The film would be called "One Girl" So, what is it about?
Original post by Kates David
What`s that? I`m trying to sell a story to Hollywood though, haha!! - True, but I do not fancy my chances much. The film would be called "One Girl" So, what is it about?

It's about rape cases in the UK. I watched it before watching this 1 hour documentary BBC, on rapes and stories of rape, in Manchester.
Original post by fandom-queen
It's about rape cases in the UK. I watched it before watching this 1 hour documentary BBC, on rapes and stories of rape, in Manchester.

I believe that a very high proportion of those men that rape are psychopaths. This condition should be understood far better in society, to the end that these people can be better avoided for relationships. Girls and young women the world over should be advised to go nowhere near men for a relationship that cannot provide a sound and verifiable reference from the immediately previous relationship, There exists characteristical traits for those men which might tend to rape, and these should be made clearly visible.
What did you find that the rapists all had in common, and typically, what were they looking for in their victim? One characteristical trait is that they tend not to recognize certain circumstances of rape as being rape. They tend to be members of that group of men which go out of their way to blame the female.
(edited 8 years ago)
I believe that a very high proportion of those men that rape are psychopaths. This condition should be understood far better in society, to the end that these people can be better avoided for relationships. Girls and young women the world over should be advised to go nowhere near men for a relationship that cannot provide a sound and verifiable reference from the immediately previous relationship, There exists characteristical traits for those men which might tend to rape, and these should be made clearly visible.
What did you find that the rapists all had in common, and typically, what were they looking for in their victim? One characteristical trait is that they tend not to recognize certain circumstances of rape as being rape. They tend to be members of that group of men which go out of their way to blame the female.

And what about women do they have to provide references?
After all 1 in 6 men will be victims of domestic violence or does that not matter because you see all men as rapists?
Original post by joecphillips
After all 1 in 6 men will be victims of domestic violence or does that not matter because you see all men as rapists?

If you can right every imperfection in our society all at once be my guest. I prefer to do one job at a time. I would first wish to try and implement positive change where it matters the most, and if successful here, only if, then work back. Men are a considerably greater issue than women when it comes to domestic violence. There is a strong tendency for the male of a partnership to be the more powerful, and a women would be particularly hard stretched when it comes to raping a man. Let`s get real, females have not quite got penises yet, nor most men quite got breasts. Some have I know!!

Many of those one in six are likely a legal side step.- When you bring up the subject of a guy`s violence towards his partner nine times out of ten they side step to the position of themselves receiving more of it than they dish out. They are often in denial, and recreate their own reality. In reality what may have happened is simply that the female at the end of it may have occasionally tried to defend herself. Unfortunately it is not being on the right side which wins you a legal battle. No, I did n`t just suggest that females are never a serious threat to men, and to pick up from your suggestion, nowhere have I ever implied that all men will rape. How does a question mark followed by "quote" in brackets work. Are you suggesting it is my quote, or are you asking me a question?
(edited 8 years ago)
If you can right every imperfection in our society all at once be my guest. I prefer to do one job at a time. I would first wish to try and implement positive change where it matters the most, and if successful here, only if, then work back. Men are a considerably greater issue than women when it comes to domestic violence. There is a strong tendency for the male of a partnership to be the more powerful, and a women would be particularly hard stretched when it comes to raping a man. Let`s get real, females have not quite got penises yet, nor most men quite got breasts. Some have I know!!

Many of those one in six are likely a legal side step.- When you bring up the subject of a guy`s violence towards his partner nine times out of ten they side step to the position of their receiving more of it than they dish out. In reality what happens is simply that the female at the end of it occasionally tries to defend herself. No, I did n`t just suggest that females are never a serious threat to men, and nowhere have I ever said, even suggested, that all men rape. How does a question mark followed by "quote" in brackets work. Are you suggesting it is my quote, or are you asking me a question?

You prefer to do it by attacking men every step of the way
Your have said men should have to provide references Why should they and not women dv isn't actually a gendered issue and maybe stop blaming the victim and defending an abusive partner I will happily say that a man who abuses a woman is scum whereas you defend a woman who abuses a man by saying oh he must have caused it.

It should be obvious that I was asking you questions on your idea as it is inherently sexist as well as completely stupid idea and the way you said it implies that men will be violent while ignoring the fact that women also abuse their partners.
(edited 8 years ago)
You prefer to do it by attacking men every step of the way
Your have said men should have to provide references Why should they and not women dv isn't actually a gendered issue and maybe stop blaming the victim and defending an abusive partner I will happily say that a man who abuses a woman is scum whereas you defend a woman who abuses a man by saying oh he must have caused it.

It should be obvious that I was asking you questions on your idea as it is inherently sexist as well as completely stupid idea and the way you said it implies that men will be violent while ignoring the fact that women also abuse their partners.

Yes, I attack in men what requires to be attacked, but nowhere have I suggested that this is everything, and nowhere have I suggested that all men should be attacked. You are right, I do not bury my head in the sand, not too often anyway. Thanks for the compliments. If you do not understand yet why men should give references, and why this is the imperative, and not girls giving men references, I suggest that you give up here, because you wont likely follow anything else which I suggest either. It is n`t even an equality issue. I`m not prepared to defend what you wish that I had said, only what I have in reality said. This I have done. Making society a safer place is more important than a discussion as to whether the system by which one arrives there may or may not be "stupid", and rape is a more important topic than the creating of word combinations that predispose themselves to the notion that girls are men, and men are girls. This is not the reality. I have, and had already accepted that girls beat up and kill innocent men, they do, but if you want me to preoccupy myself with this fact you are communicating with the wrong soul.

Most men are capable to restrain girls. There are three groups as I see it. Those capable to restrain but that chose not to as a form of self punishment.. Those that show up in the statistics but in reality are doing the dishing out.. Those that are genuine cases.
(edited 8 years ago)
Girls and young women the world over should be advised to go nowhere near men for a relationship that cannot provide a sound and verifiable reference from the immediately previous relationship,

Haha that is possibly the most ridiculous whilst hilarious thing I've ever read. It's like the paradox that a lot of recruiters create; candidates must have experience but how do you get experience?

Also I notice you said girls and young women so middle aged and up can just take their chances

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Haha that is possibly the most ridiculous whilst hilarious thing I've ever read. It's like the paradox that a lot of recruiters create; candidates must have experience but how do you get experience?

Also I notice you said girls and young women so middle aged and up can just take their chances

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is right, they can take their chances. Girls and young women are by far the higher risk area. By the time of middle age one should be a better judge of character in any event. Some men have not had previous relationships. obviously, and so obvious that I do not think that my statement requires alteration on account of it. for common sense should look after its own.

The second reason that I single out just the one group, the first I have dealt with, is because of the certainty of a "nanny state affect" in not doing so. If you generalize, if you tell people to eat healthily for instance, they are likely to do the opposite, it is not specific enough, and there is therefore nothing on which to focus. However, for this second example, should experts identify a single food as standing out above all others, this information is far more likely to be heard. Basically, simply telling people to be careful over their relationships would be a total and utter waste of time. Are you beginning to understand a little of the thinking behind my suggestion now?

Those men the first to require physical contact should be considered, on this basis, members of a higher risk group, as indeed those men that expect sex early in a relationship. Should his love be genuine/for you, not himself, and not simply erotic love, he will stay with you even with all physical contact forbidden.indefinitely., What is more he will be thoroughly enjoying himself. I know these things because I am a man.

I have just lodged another world record on You Tube: The Heavy Duty Double Spring Chest Expander Bending World Record. That`s for everybody that may follow, as is everything I post here.
(edited 8 years ago)
That is right, they can take their chances. Girls and young women are by far the higher risk area. By the time of middle age one should be a better judge of character in any event. Some men have not had previous relationships. obviously, and so obvious that I do not think that my statement requires alteration on account of it. for common sense should look after its own.

The second reason that I single out just the one group, the first I have dealt with, is because of the certainty of a "nanny state affect" in not doing so. If you generalize, if you tell people to eat healthily for instance, they are likely to do the opposite, it is not specific enough, and there is therefore nothing on which to focus. However, for this second example, should experts identify a single food as standing out above all others, this information is far more likely to be heard. Basically, simply telling people to be careful over their relationships would be a total and utter waste of time. Are you beginning to understand a little of the thinking behind my suggestion now?

Those men the first to require physical contact should be considered, on this basis, members of a higher risk group, as indeed those men that expect sex early in a relationship. Should his love be genuine/for you, not himself, and not simply erotic love, he will stay with you even with all physical contact forbidden.indefinitely., What is more he will be thoroughly enjoying himself. I know these things because I am a man.

I have just lodged another world record on You Tube: The Heavy Duty Double Spring Chest Expander Bending World Record. That`s for everybody that may follow, as is everything I post here.

Your idea is ridiculous, nobody with a brain would support something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I attack in men what requires to be attacked, but nowhere have I suggested that this is everything, and nowhere have I suggested that all men should be attacked. You are right, I do not bury my head in the sand, not too often anyway. Thanks for the compliments. If you do not understand yet why men should give references, and why this is the imperative, and not girls giving men references, I suggest that you give up here, because you wont likely follow anything else which I suggest either. It is n`t even an equality issue. I`m not prepared to defend what you wish that I had said, only what I have in reality said. This I have done. Making society a safer place is more important than a discussion as to whether the system by which one arrives there may or may not be "stupid", and rape is a more important topic than the creating of word combinations that predispose themselves to the notion that girls are men, and men are girls. This is not the reality. I have, and had already accepted that girls beat up and kill innocent men, they do, but if you want me to preoccupy myself with this fact you are communicating with the wrong soul.

Most men are capable to restrain girls. There are three groups as I see it. Those capable to restrain but that chose not to as a form of self punishment.. Those that show up in the statistics but in reality are doing the dishing out.. Those that are genuine cases.

Your idea is an equality problem you discriminate based on sex.
Making society safer isn't a stupid idea it is your stupid biased idea that is stupid.
Anybody can restrain anybody.
You just simply don't live in the real world the story you said is bad but you live your life and talk like everyone is like that, so I suggest you go out in the real world experience that before coming here with your all men are violent rapist ideas.
rape culture exist in the east and Africa but not in the western world

Many of those one in six are likely a legal side step.- When you bring up the subject of a guy`s violence towards his partner nine times out of ten they side step to the position of themselves receiving more of it than they dish out. They are often in denial, and recreate their own reality. In reality what may have happened is simply that the female at the end of it may have occasionally tried to defend herself. Unfortunately it is not being on the right side which wins you a legal battle. No, I did n`t just suggest that females are never a serious threat to men, and to pick up from your suggestion, nowhere have I ever implied that all men will rape. How does a question mark followed by "quote" in brackets work. Are you suggesting it is my quote, or are you asking me a question?

In some western countries up to 55% of all domestic violence victims are men. In the UK the figure is claimed to be 40%, Canada it's 55% and in Sweden 8% of all Women are victims while 8-11% of all Men are.

Also under the definition of domestic 'abuse' (aka remove the physical violence), men often vastly outnumber men. Then add the fact the vast majority of domestic violence is reciprocal or often the result of other types of domestic abuse.

Saying men are a considerably bigger problem concerning domestic violence is not only wrong, it's incredibly sexist and against and reliable data collected.
Statistics concern themselves either with claims, or otherwise, with legal outcomes, not always with actual realities. The truth is this, that the vast majority of men in a relationship with a female, perhaps as many as 90%, are physically stronger than their partners. Men are typically able to restrain attacks from females, therefore an attack by a man on a female should typically be considered infinitely more serious. Look for statistics which suggest that girls are killing as many men as men are killing girls. Then look for statistics which suggest that girls are raping as many men as men are raping girls. You might be surprised with what you find?
"Girls and young women should always ask for a reference from a potential dates previous partner" This for reasons of reducing their exposure to risk. Even if grown men were at greater risk from girls, females are the weaker sex, still, so this is where it must begin. I have already explained in depth why.
Disapproval from men to my proposal is a reasonably certain yardstick for benefit to females. However, there is nothing to stop a man adopting the same approach should he consider that the girl he is about to date might be physically capable of regularly beating him up. Girls are not commonly attracted to guys that are more fragile than themselves however, so this should but seldom be a serious concern for him.
When it comes to statistics like these claims are everything. Likely a large majority of females do not even show up, because they make no formal complaint. Likely a very significant percentage of abusive men start making formal complaints from that time they are first injured by a girl in trying to fend him off. Men like this, many are psychopaths, usually win on every single last level. Our legal system actually fosters psychopaths, unfortunately. It is in a man`s nature to try and play down his risk.
Girls are being beaten black and blue, and some to near death, others beaten and raped too, and most of the time this occurs in their own homes. One of my lodgers was treated such, by a psychopath, the said same psychopath that has been awarded main carer for her children, and is officially innocent. They do not lose, they are psychopaths. Whereas he made official complaints about her violent conduct, she never made a single complaint about his. She was virtually killed by him on two occasions, and now he routinely threatens to kill her children. Unfortunately we are a complaint culture. As many times it is the person making the complaint whom should be first examined, and many times that will be the man.
(edited 8 years ago)
Statistics concern themselves either with claims, or otherwise, with legal outcomes, not always with actual realities. The truth is this, that the vast majority of men in a relationship with a female, perhaps as many as 90%, are physically stronger than their partners. Men are typically able to restrain attacks from females, therefore an attack by a man on a female should typically be considered infinitely more serious. Look for statistics which suggest that girls are killing as many men as men are killing girls. Then look for statistics which suggest that girls are raping as many men as men are raping girls. You might be surprised with what you find?
"Girls and young women should always ask for a reference from a potential dates previous partner" This for reasons of reducing their exposure to risk. Even if grown men were at greater risk from girls, females are the weaker sex, still, so this is where it must begin. I have already explained in depth why.
Disapproval from men to my proposal is a reasonably certain yardstick for benefit to females. However, there is nothing to stop a man adopting the same approach should he consider that the girl he is about to date might be physically capable of regularly beating him up. Girls are not commonly attracted to guys that are more fragile than themselves however, so this should but seldom be a serious concern for him.
When it comes to statistics like these claims are everything. Likely a large majority of females do not even show up, because they make no formal complaint. Likely a very significant percentage of abusive men start making formal complaints from that time they are first injured by a girl in trying to fend him off. Men like this, many are psychopaths, usually win on every single last level. Our legal system actually fosters psychopaths, unfortunately. It is in a man`s nature to try and play down his risk.
Girls are being beaten black and blue, and some to near death, others beaten and raped too, and most of the time this occurs in their own homes. One of my lodgers was treated such, by a psychopath, the said same psychopath that has been awarded main carer for her children, and is officially innocent. They do not lose, they are psychopaths. Whereas he made official complaints about her violent conduct, she never made a single complaint about his. She was virtually killed by him on two occasions, and now he routinely threatens to kill her children. Unfortunately we are a complaint culture. As many times it is the person making the complaint whom should be first examined, and many times that will be the man.

Ok so women are not equal to men and the law should not treat them like equals.
Ok so women are not equal to men and the law should not treat them like equals.

I`m not even remotely interested in your debate here, not here of all places, not in a rape forum. There are obviously the two positions, one of being in favor of my suggestion, and one of being against it.. All that is significant in terms of my suggestion is whether or not girls will adopt it. That they would benefit from doing so is obviously beyond any question. Nobody that cares adequately much about their plight would oppose it, and certainly nobody that has a daughter..
However, my suggestion is not sexist/prejudice because there exists fundamental difference between the sexes. Is it prejudice to suggest that a twelve year old child should not have a romantic relationship with an adult, certainly not, and for the same reason, that there exists fundamental differences between them. From adulthood on nothing is known for certain merely on account the passage of time, then you can begin to argue for prejudice. Our society is full of it.,
I`m not even remotely interested in your debate here, not here of all places, not in a rape forum. There are obviously the two positions, one of being in favor of my suggestion, and one of being against it.. All that is significant in terms of my suggestion is whether or not girls will adopt it. That they would benefit from doing so is obviously beyond any question. Nobody that cares adequately much about their plight would oppose it, and certainly nobody that has a daughter..
However, my suggestion is not sexist/prejudice because there exists fundamental difference between the sexes. Is it prejudice to suggest that a twelve year old child should not have a romantic relationship with an adult, certainly not, and for the same reason, that there exists fundamental differences between them. From adulthood on nothing is known for certain merely on account the passage of time, then you can begin to argue for prejudice. Our society is full of it.,

You have said if a man does it the law should be harsher on him that goes against the legal system and would mean men and women are not equal in law.
It is a rediculous idea because people have bad break ups and you suggest it is fair to give a woman the power to ruin someone's dating chances for the rest of their lives, once again go out into the real world and think about how this would actually work it would give women the right to be abusive long after the relationship has ended.
Would it be fair to make your friend have to go back to her ex for a reference every time she starts a new relationship?
You have said if a man does it the law should be harsher on him that goes against the legal system and would mean men and women are not equal in law.
It is a rediculous idea because people have bad break ups and you suggest it is fair to give a woman the power to ruin someone's dating chances for the rest of their lives, once again go out into the real world and think about how this would actually work it would give women the right to be abusive long after the relationship has ended.
Would it be fair to make your friend have to go back to her ex for a reference every time she starts a new relationship?

This is my suggestion, Girls are already aware that relationships go wrong, and are capable of thinking for themselves. I cannot flaw my suggestion. If you want to make a suggestion to them of your own, no need to consult me first, go right ahead. This is my suggestion to them, and I have already made others.here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending