Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So i'm currently a third year student panicking that i'm going to get a 2:2.

My course is weighted 25% for second year and 75% for third year. Overall in second year I got 60%.

My grades this year just seem to be awful no matter how hard I try, we have 5 modules; 3 are worth 24 credits, one is worth 36 credits (dissertation) and one is worth 12 credits.

So far my marks have been 3x 62%, one 74%, a 55 and a 52.

I am just wondering what I need to achieve this year to get a 2:1 overall?

Thank you!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Glitter12)
    Hi,

So i'm currently a third year student panicking that i'm going to get a 2:2.

My course is weighted 25% for second year and 75% for third year. Overall in second year I got 60%.

My grades this year just seem to be awful no matter how hard I try, we have 5 modules; 3 are worth 24 credits, one is worth 36 credits (dissertation) and one is worth 12 credits.

So far my marks have been 3x 62%, one 74%, a 55 and a 52.

I am just wondering what I need to achieve this year to get a 2:1 overall?

Thank you!!
    You don't specify which modules your grades so far are for - or what the criteria are for a 2i in your course (some courses have rules about a certain number of credits above x% in yr 3, some allow a 2i at 58% or above etc etc)

Play about with the attached to see what different results affect your overall mark
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx Degreeclassificationscalc.xlsx (11.2 KB, 63 views)

ReputationRep:
    its not what you need...it's what you give. So basically you have to give up 2-3 hours of how ever long you usually sleep, spend a **** load of money on coffee and not waste time on anything that isn't related to uni. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.