Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thei11usionist)
    Thanks Erik, please can you post on this thread when any confirmation about admissions for this October are confirmed if thats not a problem
    Hi! Admissions for this year are confirmed. The university administrative council voted on it yesterday with approval of the Rector. This is binding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErikCampano)
    Hi! Admissions for this year are confirmed. The university administrative council voted on it yesterday with approval of the Rector. This is binding.
    Thanks Erik! So just to confirm, we are okay to take the IMAT in september for October enrollment?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Erik! So just to confirm, we are okay to take the IMAT in september for October enrollment?
    You're welcome! Yes, that's right. You can take the IMAT in September for October 2016 enrollment at the International Medical School at the University of Milan.

If you are not an EU-affiliated-citizen, then you must pre-register for the IMAT at your local Italian consulate by July 7. If you are an EU-affiliated-citizen, you don't need to do this -- you just need to keèp up-to-date with Cambridge Assessment for when direct IMAT registration opens.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome! Yes, that's right. You can take the IMAT in September for October 2016 enrollment at the International Medical School at the University of Milan.

If you are not an EU-affiliated-citizen, then you must pre-register for the IMAT at your local Italian consulate by July 7. If you are an EU-affiliated-citizen, you don't need to do this -- you just need to keèp up-to-date with Cambridge Assessment for when direct IMAT registration opens.
    Hey Erik! Sorry to keep asking all these questions but I was wondering if you tell me how the clinical work at University of Milan? Do you need fluency in Italian or just basic knowledge of the language?

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Happy to help. Clinical rotations start in the third year. You're required to know Italian at a B2 level (upper intermediate - European Reference Framework) by then. The university provides twice-weekly Italian classes to bring all students up to that level, and non-Italians who don't pass a B2 exam (I did) are required to take these classes in the 2nd year.

ReputationRep:
    Is the education in English?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the entire six years of education are in English.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I would like to find out how tight is the competition, regarding the IMAT, for EU students?

And what is the lowest score to get in or will this info be published soon by the authorities? Can I find somewhere the score lists from the last years?

Also if I apply to three unis, where do I still sit the IMAT?

Sorry for the big pile of questions THANKS A LOT!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I would like to find out how tight is the competition, regarding the IMAT, for EU students?

And what is the lowest score to get in or will this info be published soon by the authorities? Can I find somewhere the score lists from the last years?

Also if I apply to three unis, where do I still sit the IMAT?

Sorry for the big pile of questions THANKS A LOT!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I was looking at my options of studying medicine in the EU and University of Milan stood out to me as well! I am aware that you have to do the IMAT exam, I know that the date for this year's exam is 14th September, but my question is, for 2016 entry into med school, would I be taking this IMAT test or should I have taken the one in September 2015? Thanks again
    Hi, I'm a student of medicine in Milan, International MD Program at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University. I suggest you take a look to my course!

http://medicine.unisr.it/

I'm a the fifth year and I am very much satisfied. I'm doing a thesis in translational medicine to become a physician scientist; we have more than 1 year to do our thesis and there is also a period reserved for an additional project abroad. My colleagues of sixth year are at the moment at Mayo, UCL, Yale, UCLA and others!

Write to me if you need further info

Marco

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone tell me what is Dichiarazione di valore" and how do i apply for it at the embassy. What supporting documents are needed. Also, is the application to english language med schools through a common application or do we have to apply to indiviual programs. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashasinghal)
    Hi, can someone tell me what is Dichiarazione di valore" and how do i apply for it at the embassy. What supporting documents are needed. Also, is the application to english language med schools through a common application or do we have to apply to indiviual programs. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    all the public schools are united under the IMAT and you choose the priority of the sites where you want to get in first
    maybe also Humanitas takes advantage of IMAT system but on another date

for San Raffaele IMDP you have instead a different date and type of test

Hope this helps,

Marco

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, pretty much all your questions about DVs, IMAT scores, supporting documents and application procedure, and so forth, are answered at medschool.it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, pretty much all your questions about DVs, IMAT scores, supporting documents and application procedure, and so forth, are answered at medschool.it.
    I'm from Ireland and I know you're probably from the UK but did you use an agent for your application? And are there any aids? Also can you tell me about the application process and competition you faced in regards to the IMAT?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im currently studying biology in my second year at a university in England. I was wondering if anyone knew if I was able to switch to a medical programme in Italy for a deferred entry or will I have to start from the beginning of the course ?

ReputationRep:
    hi i am currently selling the IMAT exam practice book the questions re in english but explanations initalian but the lettered answers can help you mark your practice work , used it before i wrote the exam in 2013 and i eventually got a place even though i ended going elsewhere let me know if you are interested just message me thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am an IB student and my subjects are Bio, Chem,Psych HL. I have not studied Physics in my 11th & 12th grade. Can I still apply to study medicine in Italy ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.