Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have been in POF and I have come across my fair share of catfishes. On OkCupid I have been sent the oddest messages by guys way older than me. Out of the two OkCupid is the worst. I tried tinder and I probably won't use that app ever again.

I'm thinking to join match.com now in a hope I'll meet serious men, I'm just uncertain I'll meet men that are my cup of tea. I am in my mid twenties if that helps. Has anyone had any good experiences using the website?

Match usually has people who are committed to finding relationships due to it costing. you can find a lot of good man on there but some are creepy

ReputationRep:
    Match and eHarmony are probably where you're more likely to find men after something serious.

ReputationRep:
    Eharmony is a scam. Don't use it.

If it's your thing you could try interacialdatingcentral. That actually works. People on there seem quite serious about relationships and not just casual sex.

(Original post by Katarvi)
    Match and eHarmony are probably where you're more likely to find men after something serious.
    Thanks I haven't heard much about eHarmony tbh.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Match usually has people who are committed to finding relationships due to it costing. you can find a lot of good man on there but some are creepy
    I'm worried about the creepy ones. I have at least one weird message a day! Thanks

(Original post by TorpidPhil)

If it's your thing you could try interacialdatingcentral. That actually works. People on there seem quite serious about relationships and not just casual sex.
    Thanks for that. So you know people that have used it before? I have signed up, it's refreshing to see new faces. wish me luck!

ReputationRep:

It is? I have a friend who met her husband on eHarmony. I've never used its paid services so don't have a clue about how the service works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    It is? I have a friend who met her husband on eHarmony. I've never used its paid services so don't have a clue about how the service works.
    It purposefully waits to show you people you are likely to actually get on with so you stay on the site for longer and it has endless fake profiles.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. So you know people that have used it before? I have signed up, it's refreshing to see new faces. wish me luck!
    I used it. Had a couple of dates from it. Folks weren't quite what I wanted but at least I got dates out of it far more than POF offered. That said, I find OKC really good but I suspect that's because I'm male so when I send a good quality message it stands out among the crowd.

I can see why OKC would be problematic for females.

The only problem with IDC is that it costs you to send messages and the population in the UK is not so great.

ReputationRep:
    It purposefully waits to show you people you are likely to actually get on with so you stay on the site for longer and it has endless fake profiles.
    Ooooh, I see. Well that sucks.

I used it. Had a couple of dates from it. Folks weren't quite what I wanted but at least I got dates out of it far more than POF offered. That said, I find OKC really good but I suspect that's because I'm male so when I send a good quality message it stands out among the crowd.

I can see why OKC would be problematic for females.

The only problem with IDC is that it costs you to send messages and the population in the UK is not so great.
    Yeah I'm not too keen on interracial dating central anymore tbh. I have hit a brick wall, I feel like I am going to be meeting men that aren't my cup of tea on match. None of my friends have had any luck thus far. I downloaded bumble, it's kinda like tinder, except women initiate. I'm not sure if the app is buggy or if guys are ignoring me lol

What are my other options?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not too keen on interracial dating central anymore tbh. I have hit a brick wall, I feel like I am going to be meeting men that aren't my cup of tea on match. None of my friends have had any luck thus far. I downloaded bumble, it's kinda like tinder, except women initiate. I'm not sure if the app is buggy or if guys are ignoring me lol
    Aww, I'm sorry you're not having any success with it

hmm I didn't know about Bumble, but as for now I'm taken with someone I met through OKC. Sounds like it is probably better for you though. Best of luck finding someone

ReputationRep:

hmm I didn't know about Bumble, but as for now I'm taken with someone I met through OKC. Sounds like it is probably better for you though. Best of luck finding someone
    awwww

My friend suggested I redo my POF profile and I'll get him to give it a once over. I've had luck on there before and on tinder, I just can't deal with the creeps and catfishes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.