Turn on thread page Beta

How do you motivate yourself to get out of bed??? watch

ReputationRep:
    There are many days where I feel like I can't get out of bed and its really affecting my attendance and how I feel later on in the day. I just feel so emotionally exhausted and down and low and tired and it feels like getting out of bed is trying to climb a mountain. I end up missing school and then have a bunch of things to catch up on and then I feel guilty for not going in etc My school has been very understanding but I keep telling them that I'm going to try harder to come to school but how can I? What are some things you do to help you get out of bed in the morning?? I was thinking maybe if I plan my outfit the night before because I always feel a little more motivated to get up if I know what I'm going to wear/have an outfit in mind. I'm also thinking to stop the snooze button and just force myself to get out of bed as soon as I wake up although sometimes when I wake up then snooze for like half an hour I am able to wake up that half an hour later.

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your gp about her you're feeling?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    "Ugh, I should get up"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiousduck)
    There are many days where I feel like I can't get out of bed and its really affecting my attendance and how I feel later on in the day. I just feel so emotionally exhausted and down and low and tired and it feels like getting out of bed is trying to climb a mountain. I end up missing school and then have a bunch of things to catch up on and then I feel guilty for not going in etc My school has been very understanding but I keep telling them that I'm going to try harder to come to school but how can I? What are some things you do to help you get out of bed in the morning?? I was thinking maybe if I plan my outfit the night before because I always feel a little more motivated to get up if I know what I'm going to wear/have an outfit in mind. I'm also thinking to stop the snooze button and just force myself to get out of bed as soon as I wake up although sometimes when I wake up then snooze for like half an hour I am able to wake up that half an hour later.
    I had the exact same problem. Try to sleep early what ever the time is. Then make sure u go to the shower straught outa ur bed. It will also help to have someone to wakeu up .

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Have you spoken to your gp about her you're feeling?
    I have depression, I go therapy and I'm on medication.

Should have made my OP anon :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    The snooze button is literally my bae! I keep my alarms close together, like one every two minutes to annoy myself into getting up. Maybe be try packing your bag the night before too. Also if you are foodie, make a yummy breakfast the night before (like flap jacks, nutella sanwiches or something) so you have it to look foward to in the morning. I can also send you some easy microwave mug breakfasts which are pretty healthy if you want
    Also set up a positive energetic playlist to make you feel pumped and motivated in the morning and play it in full blast!

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand this feeling. Do you feel better once you do get out of bed? It's hard because on one hand the advice to just get out of bed is somewhat relevant because you probably will feel better if you do. However I know that it really is not that simple.

How is your sleep cycle/sleeping patterns?

How about you think about what you most want for breakfast (even if it's not that healthy) and just so you look forward to getting up to eating breakfast? I feel so basic for suggesting food as a solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabulouslyAwks)
    The snooze button is literally my bae! I keep my alarms close together, like one every two minutes to annoy myself into getting up. Maybe be try packing your bag the night before too. Also if you are foodie, make a yummy breakfast the night before (like flap jacks, nutella sanwiches or something) so you have it to look foward to in the morning. I can also send you some easy microwave mug breakfasts which are pretty healthy if you want
    Also set up a positive energetic playlist to make you feel pumped and motivated in the morning and play it in full blast!
    Seconded I suggested nice food things too! And yes playlists really help me as well.

The snooze button is literally my bae-- this cracked me up. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    I had the exact same problem. Try to sleep early what ever the time is. Then make sure u go to the shower straught outa ur bed. It will also help to have someone to wakeu up .
    Even if I get 10 hours of sleep, 8 hours of sleep or even 4 hours of sleep, I always feel so tired in the morning...

My mothers way of waking me up is horrible.

Dragging myself to shower first thing is another task but I guess I'll feel better when I get out.

(Original post by FabulouslyAwks)
    Yes please and oooh the playlist thing is a good idea thank you!

ReputationRep:
    i only get up cuz i have kids

ReputationRep:
    Even if I get 10 hours of sleep, 8 hours of sleep or even 4 hours of sleep, I always feel so tired in the morning...

My mothers way of waking me up is horrible.

Dragging myself to shower first thing is another task but I guess I'll feel better when I get out.
    Why dont u check with the doctor. Its better to get involved in some kind of activity (sports, study or anything ur interested in )

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    I completely understand this feeling. Do you feel better once you do get out of bed? It's hard because on one hand the advice to just get out of bed is somewhat relevant because you probably will feel better if you do. However I know that it really is not that simple.

How is your sleep cycle/sleeping patterns?

How about you think about what you most want for breakfast (even if it's not that healthy) and just so you look forward to getting up to eating breakfast? I feel so basic for suggesting food as a solution.
    No I don't feel better once I get out of bed if I've woken up feeling really low etc which happens at least twice a week :sad:

I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep although sometimes it goes to 5 hours or 9 hours. Although lately I've been trying to fix my sleeping pattern but I still feel so exhausted when I wake up no matter how many hours I've slept.

I never have time for a nice breakfast in the morning :getmecoat: maybe that's one of the problems :lol: I'm literally always late :L

I feel the same way EVERYDAY but I remind myself of the consequences of not attending e.g. missing important content, attendance, inside jokes (always miss the best ones when I skip school) etc. Going to school also makes revision a lot easier cause you're actually revising instead of learning some things for the first time.
    I also plan a really good breakfast and sort out my backpack and outfit the night before so I don't have a silly 'reason' to not go in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Seconded I suggested nice food things too! And yes playlists really help me as well.

The snooze button is literally my bae-- this cracked me up. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Yep we are getting married soon! Our couple name is snawks! I have got that wedding glow you know! Well my glow may look like dark circles but it gives my glow an extra umph!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes please and oooh the playlist thing is a good idea thank you!
    no problem
    here's a link for the mug recipies, her videos are also really good and make me so hungry!

http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/5-...ve-breakfasts/

ReputationRep:
    I have depression, I go therapy and I'm on medication.

Should have made my OP anon :grumble:
    Depending on how long this has been going on, have you considered that it might be the medication? Many antidepressants have tiredness as a side effect and can make it a lot harder to get out of bed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. If I wanna stay in bed all day then I do. And it's pretty damn often.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Depending on how long this has been going on, have you considered that it might be the medication? Many antidepressants have tiredness as a side effect and can make it a lot harder to get out of bed.
    one of the side effects is insomnia and I felt like this way before I started medication
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No I don't feel better once I get out of bed if I've woken up feeling really low etc which happens at least twice a week :sad:

I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep although sometimes it goes to 5 hours or 9 hours. Although lately I've been trying to fix my sleeping pattern but I still feel so exhausted when I wake up no matter how many hours I've slept.

I never have time for a nice breakfast in the morning :getmecoat: maybe that's one of the problems :lol: I'm literally always late :L
    If you dont mind me probing (apologies but I am a bit curious about these things):
    how long ave you been experiencing symptoms?
    how many hours sleep do you usually get?;
    are there any changes in your diet /exercise regime / what is your normal exercise/dietary regime (also when do you eat/exercise before going to bed)?
    have you had any changes in your life(health/social/school/relationships)?
    is your condition affected by whether?
    have you tried anything to combat changes in your mood (be it see GP/pharmacist for medication or counselling)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.