Turn on thread page Beta

How do you motivate yourself to get out of bed??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I drive people to school, so I can't be late :lol:

They (understandably) get annoyed if I oversleep, so I try to avoid that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiousduck)
    There are many days where I feel like I can't get out of bed and its really affecting my attendance and how I feel later on in the day. I just feel so emotionally exhausted and down and low and tired and it feels like getting out of bed is trying to climb a mountain. I end up missing school and then have a bunch of things to catch up on and then I feel guilty for not going in etc My school has been very understanding but I keep telling them that I'm going to try harder to come to school but how can I? What are some things you do to help you get out of bed in the morning?? I was thinking maybe if I plan my outfit the night before because I always feel a little more motivated to get up if I know what I'm going to wear/have an outfit in mind. I'm also thinking to stop the snooze button and just force myself to get out of bed as soon as I wake up although sometimes when I wake up then snooze for like half an hour I am able to wake up that half an hour later.
    do you have chronic fatigue? that could be why you are overly tired, so maybe visit your GP?

(Original post by quasa)
    If you dont mind me probing (apologies but I am a bit curious about these things):
    how long ave you been experiencing symptoms?
    how many hours sleep do you usually get?;
    are there any changes in your diet /exercise regime / what is your normal exercise/dietary regime (also when do you eat/exercise before going to bed)?
    have you had any changes in your life(health/social/school/relationships)?
    is your condition affected by whether?
    have you tried anything to combat changes in your mood (be it see GP/pharmacist for medication or counselling)
    I've seen the GP and I go therapy and I take medication. I've been getting these symptoms for a year and I normally get 6 on average however these days its increasing to like 10 although I still feel tired. I dont have the energy for exercise :lol: I can barely get to school. I dont think its affected by the weather.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.