Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I started my course which is computer science on oct 2015 and at first i was going to lectures however towards the end of the first term I began loosing motivation and became lazy. The reason it didnt matter to me that I wasnt going to lectures was because I was still getting 70%+ averagely and so I was not to bothered whether I went to them or not. Now skip 15 weeks and Im finishing up my 2nd term and I'm really struggling. Missed far too much content to be able to complete certain assignments and exams and its really beginning to hurt my results and I'd say im averaging around 55% at this point. It's nothing to do with my course I absolutely love computer science however this years modules are horrible compared to the years following. how can i re-establish that motivation?????

ReputationRep:
    Heh sounds like you're describing anyone from my uni. 55% means that you're keeping up still, and you have a month to get back in the game. First off, GO to lectures, even if they seem pointless. I've been to them all, and sometimes it won't click till several weeks (or months) later. It's good to have multiple sources of learning so that one of them will probably work. You've got to master the basics and whatever else you're learning this year to be a success in future, so just think about those awesome sounding modules next year and make sure you get the chance to study them. Maybe think about a nice reward after exams are over if that helps you. Focus on any assignments due soon and get them done ASAP, give up a little bit (not too much or productivity drops) sleep and as much social life as needed if you're really serious about your grades. You can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleRemzi)
    I started my course which is computer science on oct 2015 and at first i was going to lectures however towards the end of the first term I began loosing motivation and became lazy. The reason it didnt matter to me that I wasnt going to lectures was because I was still getting 70%+ averagely and so I was not to bothered whether I went to them or not. Now skip 15 weeks and Im finishing up my 2nd term and I'm really struggling. Missed far too much content to be able to complete certain assignments and exams and its really beginning to hurt my results and I'd say im averaging around 55% at this point. It's nothing to do with my course I absolutely love computer science however this years modules are horrible compared to the years following. how can i re-establish that motivation?????
    Just think of the £27,000 that is going down the drain every time you miss a lecture.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.