The Student Room Group

Doing PG in Cambridge or Oxford

I just completed my undergrad at All India Institute of Medical sciences which is the top college in India.I want to know what are all my requirements to get into a college in London for completing my post grad.I am a gold medalist with good clinical experience.
Reply 1
Original post by Amanda fox
I just completed my undergrad at All India Institute of Medical sciences which is the top college in India.I want to know what are all my requirements to get into a college in London for completing my post grad.I am a gold medalist with good clinical experience.

Neither Oxford or Cambridge are in London.

Cambridge and Oxford's PG entry requirements are listed on their respective web sites, and vary by course.

http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/entry-requirements

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Neither Oxford or Cambridge are in London.

Cambridge and Oxford's PG entry requirements are listed on their respective web sites, and vary by course.

http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/entry-requirements

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate

Well the websites you mentioned does provide informations about the entry but I don't know whether they would accept a student who has completed MBBS in India.
In our country,earning a MBBS degree will make us doctors since we recieve enough clinical exposure.I would be grateful If I am let to know about how the requirements are going to be specifically for a under grad from India
Thanks in advance.
Well the websites you mentioned does provide informations about the entry but I don't know whether they would accept a student who has completed MBBS in India.
In our country,earning a MBBS degree will make us doctors since we recieve enough clinical exposure.I would be grateful If I am let to know about how the requirements are going to be specifically for a under grad from India
Thanks in advance.

Yes, they probably would.

Contact the universities through their e-mail and they can tell you.
Thanks in advance.

You need to email postgraduate admission office of the department (the email address on the website) to get a reliable answer to a specific question like that.
They will be the point of contact when you decide to apply to them, so why not start now?

Btw, I'm a bit confused.... Are you thinking of applying to Oxbridge (they are in Oxford and in Cambridge, respectively.) or to a university/college in London?
Reply 5
Thanks in advance.

Did you check the sites? The Cambridge one, for example, links to a directory of acceptable interational qualifications...

e.g. http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/international-qualifications

India:
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 10.43.27.jpg

But as others have said - best to d/check direct with the universities for your specific circumstances.

(And it still holds true that neither of them are in London...)
Reply 6
Original post by jneill
Did you check the sites? The Cambridge one, for example, links to a directory of acceptable interational qualifications...

e.g. http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/international-qualifications

India:
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 10.43.27.jpg

But as others have said - best to d/check direct with the universities for your specific circumstances.

(And it still holds true that neither of them are in London...)

And you guys know anything about the scholarship offered there? I read in a website that they give full scholarship provided the student is outstanding.I do not know on what basis they call someone outstanding.
I have an outstanding clinical experience and I have been a gold medalist throughout my college days.Is that enough to put me in an outstanding student category?
Reply 7
And you guys know anything about the scholarship offered there? I read in a website that they give full scholarship provided the student is outstanding.I do not know on what basis they call someone outstanding.
I have an outstanding clinical experience and I have been a gold medalist throughout my college days.Is that enough to put me in an outstanding student category?

You need to ask the universities.
Reply 8
And last chance @Amanda fox ... Oxford and Cambridge are not in London:

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Thanks in advance.

What exactly are you wanting to come to the UK for? If you are a qualified doctor and want to work here as a doctor and do specialty training here, then provided your medical degree is accepted by the GMC, and you pass the PLAB, you can apply to the foundation programme (the first two years of post-grad training for doctors) - though as an IMG your chances of acceptance will be lower than UK graduates. If you want to enter higher specialty training that would also be by applying to the relevant training programme. Neither of these are affiliated with universities.

If you want to do a post-graduate degree like a PhD or MD, then you would apply to universities offering the relevant subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending