Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I'm in a bit of a predicament right now.
    I retook my AS year and I'm over 18. So according to the council there's two adults in the home so while I'm dependant on my mum I can't submit it as evidence.

    My mum and dad separated nearly 8 years ago and they never started the divorce process at all as they couldn't afford it. We have contact details though.

    So my mum doesn't have divorce nisi or divorce absolut and can't submit the council tax thing as evidence.

    They don't live together, my dad lives with a new partner.
    He works freelance so his pay isn't that stable either.

    Is there anything else we can submit as evidence?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi NekoAngel13

    Please see the following list of acceptable evidence for separated status:
    • Decree Nisi
    • Most recently dated Council tax bill showing 25% single person occupancy discount
    • Solicitors letter confirming separation
    • A Signed Affidavit - a sworn declaration they make in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. They typically make an Affidavit under oath and sign it and have it stamped by a Solicitor.
    • Statutory declaration - normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or can be drafted a a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.