ebay Justice Watch

This discussion is closed.
Don Quixote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I got my Mr. Big Live At The Roxy DVD through the post today par avion. The packaging was a little flat so I wasn't surprised to find a copy when I opened it. Luckily for him, it works on my TV/DVD combo but it's jumpy in places (for about 1 sec every min) even with my DVD player on the NTSC setting. Picutre quality is I'm sure not as great as it could be either.

I think this guy will have copied other DVDs too because the Roxy is a rare one. Should I report him and threaten to tell the authorities in the US or something like that? I think I should get the original DVD. Do I have a case?
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Don Quixote)
I got my Mr. Big Live At The Roxy DVD through the post today par avion. The packaging was a little flat so I wasn't surprised to find a copy when I opened it. Luckily for him, it works on my TV/DVD combo but it's jumpy in places (for about 1 sec every min) even with my DVD player on the NTSC setting. Picutre quality is I'm sure not as great as it could be either.

I think this guy will have copied other DVDs too because the Roxy is a rare one. Should I report him and threaten to tell the authorities in the US or something like that? I think I should get the original DVD. Do I have a case?
what did it say on ebay when you ordered it,can you post the web page of what you ordered?
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

yeah report it to ebay if you're sure it is copied, and it doesnt say in the description. ebay have a strict policy on piracy. and you dont want other people to suffer the same fate now.
Don Quixote
Rep:
?
All it says is that it's on DVD and copying is illegal so I'm going to email him demanding the original DVD. And I'm not sending the copy back cos I can't be arsed.
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

All it says is that it's on DVD and copying is illegal so I'm going to email him demanding the original DVD. And I'm not sending the copy back cos I can't be arsed.
yeah demand the real thing if he dont then report him. you should have look at his feedback before you buy, hes done it before.
Don Quixote
Rep:
?
I had a look and they were all positive and the copies weren't any Mr. Big. He will be told. Thanks.
Don Quixote
Rep:
?
Here's what I sent him:

You sent me a copy. You didn't state that it was a copy in the item description. Please send me the original as you suggested via the item description, or I'll give you negative feedback and you'll be reported for copyright infringement and piracy crimes.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Here's what I sent him:

You sent me a copy. You didn't state that it was a copy in the item description. Please send me the original as you suggested via the item description, or I'll give you negative feedback and you'll be reported for copyright infringement and piracy crimes.
that should do the trick!
i would be scared if i got that :eek:
but then again i am a wimp :rolleyes:
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most of the DVDs sold aren't copies. But there are plenty of pirate DVDs from South East Asia on Ebay...so be careful
AcerBen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
eBay isn't completely safe I don't think. I have no qualms with using the thing but I have just been ripped off with a hi-fi that doesn't do what the seller said it would do. He insists it plays MP3 CDRs but I know he's a liar. After bugging him for ages he has agreed to give me a refund but he nearly didn't !
Rustyk1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Here's what I sent him:

i'd **** myself
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just give him a really negative feedback - that's the important point. Say that the quality of the item was well below minimum standards, even though the auction page didnt say anything about that. Go along with that - a really significant negative feedback ruins sellers!
Then all which is left to do is file a complaint through the ebay system - they are unlikely to do anything tbh, because he's had all good feedback, but they'll just keep an eye on that person - if more people complain, they'll ban him
Don Quixote
Rep:
?
You mean give him negative feedback right away? I'll give him a chance to send me the proper DVD first. Will ebay do something if I can send them pictures of the package the DVD came in with the person's signature on?
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You mean give him negative feedback right away? I'll give him a chance to send me the proper DVD first. Will ebay do something if I can send them pictures of the package the DVD came in with the person's signature on?
yeah give him neg feedback but wait till what he says first. if he do nothing then tell ebay and send them proof when they ask you.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sometimes with the copied dvd/cds etc the auction says 'for evaluation purposes only' to cover their backsides. They say you must already onw a copy of the dvd/cd but you are purchacing the copy to evaluate it. Lame, I know but I think they can get round the legal stuff that way :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah but if you leave negative feedback, as long as this isn't his last life-line he can retaliate and send you a negative also. A sneaky way to do it is to do it on the last day you can leave feedback so that when he next checks his feedback he cannot return it as he has run out of time

Ebay wouldn't care, they themselves have broken IP rules, forget the case. Anyone know?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (113)
46.12%
Pro-humanity (132)
53.88%

Watched Threads