?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
http://capx.co/reproducing-poverty-a...poverty-rates/
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Birth control in America is so strange. Like the laws aiming to drive abortion clinics to close by imposing ridiculous requirements.

Things like this really make me feel lucky to be in the UK.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is such BS. Why is there even a war on birth control? People need that stuff!

I guess it can be seen as yet another manifestation of the incredible short-sightedness of politics in the U.S. Politicians are happy to ruin peoples' futures if it looks like they could temporarily improve the economy in time for the next election.
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Neostigmine)
Birth control in America is so strange. Like the laws aiming to drive abortion clinics to close by imposing ridiculous requirements.
Indeed. Interesting to read about the legal ramifications of this. I'm curious to see how Justice Kennedy will vote.

(Original post by Neostigmine)
Things like this really make me feel lucky to be in the UK.
Or Europe.
rogersuniv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They'll turn into Africa at this rate.

Education is the key here. South India currently has quite liberal laws regarding birth and population control, but it's achieved East Asia or Europe-style fertility rates nevertheless.

It's a shame that the economy/business lobby got merged into the conservative christian lobby.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.32%

Watched Threads