The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Official Facebook Group?

Is there an official facebook group for people to join who will be starting in September?

The only reason I ask is that the university I was previously at had one created by the SU, and I know some of my friends at other universities have got something similar which allowed people to find people on their course a LOT easier, as well as act as a proper forum throughout the year for people with questions to do with the university, organising events/societies, finding new friends, posting lost student cards............ the list goes on really. I think it would be pretty useful to just have an official group with everything in one place.

At the moment I'm in about 5/6 groups and everything is all over the place and it's difficult to find people who I may be living/studying with. Also I've had 3 friend requests from different accounts called "Sheffield Hallam Accommodation", and god knows how many friends requests from people (mostly girls..) with "Sheffield Hallam Fresher Helper" in their profile picture. I'm assuming these accounts are nothing to do with the university?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by pizzanomics
Is there an official facebook group for people to join who will be starting in September?

The only reason I ask is that the university I was previously at had one created by the SU, and I know some of my friends at other universities have got something similar which allowed people to find people on their course a LOT easier, as well as act as a proper forum throughout the year for people with questions to do with the university, organising events/societies, finding new friends, posting lost student cards............ the list goes on really. I think it would be pretty useful to just have an official group with everything in one place.

At the moment I'm in about 5/6 groups and everything is all over the place and it's difficult to find people who I may be living/studying with. Also I've had 3 friend requests from different accounts called "Sheffield Hallam Accommodation", and god knows how many friends requests from people (mostly girls..) with "Sheffield Hallam Fresher Helper" in their profile picture. I'm assuming these accounts are nothing to do with the university?

Hello!

We have an Official Sheffield Hallam Freshers page that we've just set up last week. You can chat to other applicants, ask any questions you might have and meet people starting at Hallam in September. With regards to groups set up for different courses, this is up to the individual course leaders to set up and inform you about once all places are confirmed later in the year. Similarly, the accommodation groups will be set up once you receive confirmation on which accommodation you will be staying in and have information about your flat.

We're aware there have been lots of groups set up on Facebook by students, applicants and other people and we know it's quite confusing to find out the legitimate groups. If your course and accommodation have a Facebook group, you will be sent the links for these via mail/e-mail communications nearer to your start date.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Laura
Official Hallam rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending