Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys! Ok, I'm 12 years old, and the other day me and my mum went to Debenhams and bought me my first starter/training bra. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...33010690394_-1
    they're quite nice - non padded, comfy and have hooks in the back. In fact, i'm wearing one right now! I don't really need one - i don't have much there, but the crop tops I have are just rubbish, and i want a little bit of support, and something to cover my nipples...
    Anyway, I take a size 28aa, i think it is probably right, maybe a TINY bit small?
    Right, questions. Thanks in advance guys!!
    1) Is there any easy ways to put on and take off a bra? I tried, it is SUPER tricky.
    2) When do you think i should start wearing PADDED bras - i saw some 28aa PADDED ones the other day too, but, i wanted to start off small.
    3) Can you reccomend any shops (uk) that sell 28aa or maybe 30aa first bras?
    4) Do you guys think it improves growth if you sleep with a bra on?

Update: Thanks guys, you have been very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    What I do is attach the bra and put it over my head.

Marks and Spencer are good with bras I get mine from there.

ReputationRep:
    1) Easy way to put on and take off bras is to turn it around so that the boob bits are on your back around your waist and the hooks are in front of you- that way you can put it on backwards and slide it round and pull it up into the proper place
    2) There's not really any right time to start wearing padded bras, you might want to wait until you're a bit older and used to wearing bras, but whatever is comfortable and makes you feel beautiful is good (but you don't need padded bras to be beautiful of course!)
    3) Not sure about any shops sorry!
    4) I wouldn't wear the bras in bed as it can actually damage your breast tissue (same thing with using underwired bras while you're boobs are still growing)

Goodluck!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    Hiya guys! Ok, I'm 12 years old, and the other day me and my mum went to Debenhams and bought me my first starter/training bra. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...33010690394_-1
    they're quite nice - non padded, comfy and have hooks in the back. In fact, i'm wearing one right now! I don't really need one - i don't have much there, but the crop tops I have are just rubbish, and i want a little bit of support, and something to cover my nipples...
    Anyway, I take a size 28aa, i think it is probably right, maybe a TINY bit small?
    Right, questions. Thanks in advance guys!!
    1) Is there any easy ways to put on and take off a bra? I tried, it is SUPER tricky.
    2) When do you think i should start wearing PADDED bras - i saw some 28aa PADDED ones the other day too, but, i wanted to start off small.
    3) Can you reccomend any shops (uk) that sell 28aa or maybe 30aa first bras?
    4) Do you guys think it improves growth if you sleep with a bra on?
    Thanks!
    1)It's just something you get used to really,you'll get there with practice.
    2) I guess that up to you but i would say wait till your teens at least.
    3)I think primark does but otherwise you're probably more likely to get more selection if you look online
    4) there's nothing to say that it helps with growth at all, i think its uncomfortable to sleep with one on but thats a personal preference thing really.

(Original post by Nosnip_9)
    1) Easy way to put on and take off bras is to turn it around so that the boob bits are on your back around your waist and the hooks are in front of you- that way you can put it on backwards and slide it round and pull it up into the proper place
    Yeaaas!!! I thought I was the only one who did that :awesome::awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nosnip_9)
    2) There's not really any right time to start wearing padded bras, you might want to wait until you're a bit older and used to wearing bras, but whatever is comfortable and makes you feel beautiful is good (but you don't need padded bras to be beautiful of course!)
    3) Not sure about any shops sorry!
    4) I wouldn't wear the bras in bed as it can actually damage your breast tissue (same thing with using underwired bras while you're boobs are still growing)

Goodluck!
    This was super helpful! Thank you! Don't worry about the shops - everybody else is reccomending primark and M and S, so i guess i'll try them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    This was super helpful! Thank you! Don't worry about the shops - everybody else is reccomending primark and M and S, so i guess i'll try them.
    If you go to m&s they do a section called 'Angel' and these are perfect if you're just starting to wear bras !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklgcses)
    If you go to m&s they do a section called 'Angel' and these are perfect if you're just starting to wear bras !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ta! (thanks)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.