Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I am currently in my last year of University, due to graduate in July. However, I have had really bad disrepair issues at my home for a number of years. This has severely affected my health and my sons health. I usually work one day a week but due to depression and stress are no longer able to do this . My doctor may write me off work, as a single mother I am extremely worried because this is a vital source of income. Do you know if I would be entitled to claim any benefits as a result of this depression?

    You can't claim ESA as a full time student unless you are in receipt of PIP (personal independence payment). I am unsure if you would be entitled to any benefits to do with your child but do you claim the full amount of student finance?

    Edit: This website may help you with what you are entitled to. If you are unsure perhaps arrange a meeting with the finance team at your uni.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.