Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are we so attracted to a bad boy? I don't mean the type who just acts like a **** 24/7 but that kind of cheeky, naughty kind of vibe?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I find most of the real badboys in the south.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why are we so attracted to a bad boy? I don't mean the type who just acts like a **** 24/7 but that kind of cheeky, naughty kind of vibe?
    trying to speak from a biological point of view here and i think possibly maybe the vibe they give out tells your womanly instincts that this person can protect you in the future etc?????

lol i dunno just speculating

but personally using reason if i was a girl i wouldn't ever date a "bad boy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    trying to speak from a biological point of view here and i think possibly maybe the vibe they give out tells your womanly instincts that this person can protect you in the future etc?????

lol i dunno just speculating

but personally using reason if i was a girl i wouldn't ever date a "bad boy"
    What if they're not a gangster, they're just about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    What if they're not a gangster, they're just about?
    i don't quite understand.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's partly a confidence thing and partly the feeling that anything could happen. Such unpredictability and adventure can be attractive.

ReputationRep:
    People find confidence attractive

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. I feel like I'm in the minority whereby you get the genuine boys who act like gentlemen around people and have their priorities straight, which I consider myself to be in, then you get the boys who really don't care what people think and just appear to be bad and act overly confident and think they run the place. I don't understand why girls go for guys like that at all. If that's their preference, so be it. Apologies if I've offended anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    i don't quite understand.
    Like if they think they're the best, they're so cocky like a badboy but then they take care when they water their plants for example?

Bad girls are too men can't resist them. Don't listen to them when they say they want a good girl. They will always be led back to the dark side and go with the bad girl in the end.

ReputationRep:
    bc arrogance is everything

I find good boys attractive.

ReputationRep:
    idk they just are :fan:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Bad girls are too men can't resist them. Don't listen to them when they say they want a good girl. They will always be led back to the dark side and go with the bad girl in the end.
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Like if they think they're the best, they're so cocky like a badboy but then they take care when they water their plants for example?
    dunno i guess that's just an attitude to impress their mates?

ReputationRep:
    I don't find them attractive lol

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeys7Jfnx8

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You guys are young kids, that's why.

Btw, what happened to the good guys. "The gentlemen" Most of you when you reach probably 21/22 my age you'll start being attracted a guy who looks as if he has his life together or will have his life together because you'll be thinking of the future.
    The "badboys" that are fun when you're a child aren't cool at all- they're the losers in your 20s.

This is what I've learnt now in my experience.

BTW have you ever heard of the saying "the popular/cool kids in school almost always turn out to be unpopular/losers in adulthood"
    It's true. I'm 22 now and have/ am seeing it with my own eyes.

University will be the transition that you will see yourself going from teen to adulthood, I guess that's why university is a life experience about personal development and not just about studying books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanKing)
    Lol. You guys are young kids, that's why.

Btw, what happened to the good guys. "The gentlemen" Most of you when you reach probably 21/22 my age you'll start being attracted a guy who looks as if he has his life together or will have his life together because you'll be thinking of the future.
    The "badboys" that are fun when you're a child aren't cool at all- they're the losers in your 20s.

This is what I've learnt now in my experience.

BTW have you ever heard of the saying "the popular/cool kids in school almost always turn out to be unpopular/losers in adulthood"
    It's true. I'm 22 now and have/ am seeing it with my own eyes.

University will be the transition that you will see yourself going from teen to adulthood, I guess that's why university is a life experience about personal development and not just about studying books.
    This is a myth, where's your proof?

ReputationRep:
    Because they're trying to make up for their 'bad' personality

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.