Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that using Midge repellents containing DEET work and apparantly Avon’s Skin So Soft Body Oil works too but is there any other way to counter midges? I'll be going to Scotland for my dofe and i heard the midges are horrible so i don't want things to end up like last time with me eating midges and inhaling them on my bronze >.<

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    don't use scented sprays/ anything that smells particularly nice because it attracts them
    the cream repellent seems to last longer as well if that helps

ReputationRep:
    DEET is a particularly nasty substance so it's best to avoid it if possible.

There's an alternative called Smidge. I can vouch from personal experience that it is as effective and costs about the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    don't use scented sprays/ anything that smells particularly nice because it attracts them
    the cream repellent seems to last longer as well if that helps
    i heard natural things such as lavender repel then away
    (Original post by Quantex)
    DEET is a particularly nasty substance so it's best to avoid it if possible.

There's an alternative called Smidge. I can vouch from personal experience that it is as effective and costs about the same.
    i'm sure DEET is in most insect repellents right?

http://www.cheaptents.com/blog/midge...voiding-bites/

ReputationRep:
    tea tree or citronella oil just put a few drops on to say a collar or other thinker part of a piece of clothing as this is the natural (and cheaper) method to most repellents

just ask in a pharmacy or go on Amazon and you will find some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    tea tree or citronella oil just put a few drops on to say a collar or other thinker part of a piece of clothing as this is the natural (and cheaper) method to most repellents

just ask in a pharmacy or go on Amazon and you will find some
    ah that sounds good thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    ah that sounds good thanks
    or eucalyptus

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.