Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a while away from being summer yet, but I could really do with having a temporary job in the summer while i'm not at university.

I was wondering how hard it is to find a summer job in another country? I don't know the process or how i'd apply, but the idea of going somewhere to work over the summer seem brilliant to me. I think it's important to go to new places and experience different cultures. I don't need to sell myself yet haha, and it might not be possible, but if anyone has any imput on how I might find summer jobs abroad then that'd be fantastic.

I'm from England and can work from the end of June to the end of September; before uni starts again.

Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Liam_J94)
    I know it's a while away from being summer yet, but I could really do with having a temporary job in the summer while i'm not at university.

I was wondering how hard it is to find a summer job in another country? I don't know the process or how i'd apply, but the idea of going somewhere to work over the summer seem brilliant to me. I think it's important to go to new places and experience different cultures. I don't need to sell myself yet haha, and it might not be possible, but if anyone has any imput on how I might find summer jobs abroad then that'd be fantastic.

I'm from England and can work from the end of June to the end of September; before uni starts again.

Thank you.
    There are lots of agencies that arrange these things (google "summer jobs abroad"). They may be able to advise you if you don't know where to start. They may charge a fee or be limited as to where and what they can offer but I ould contact a few of those and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    i hear that you could work in america at a resort park or something. Like Disney land or other theme parks. If you are at uni, check out your study aboard/international office they would have lots of information about things like this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.