Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To all girls, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Watch

ReputationRep:
    5ft 5 and 60kg. Would like to lose a bit of weight- about 5kg....

ReputationRep:
    5"7 and 11 stone...want to get to 10

I feel fat just looking at these posts.

ReputationRep:
    I am 5ft 7 and 61kg, and I'm happy about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyspider)
    5'2'', 53kg

I'd like to be 49kg but my body's most stable weight is this, and every time I get to ~49kg, I get really ill and any weight that I put on comes on easily and quickly. My body seems to prefer this weight so I've learnt to love it

I think you're normal tbh. 52kg might be slightly underweight for your height
    Gain some muscle then lose some fat so you stay at 53kg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Well you're closer to 9 stone than 8 stone if you want to look at it that way.
    I didn't realise that when I wrote my original comment, I just saw the 8 and copied it straight away. As I said before, I never use stones, always kgs. I just looked up how much 56 kgs were in stones to write it because I saw everyone else used stones as well as kgs. :bawling:

:facepalm:to all complaining about their weight. If you want to transform the way you look/you function, focus on your bf and muscle mass percentages; your overall weight is a pretty poor indication of your physique capabilities..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amirathepeanut)
    I didn't realise that when I wrote my original comment, I just saw the 8 and copied it straight away. As I said before, I never use stones, always kgs. I just looked up how much 56 kgs were in stones to write it because I saw everyone else used stones as well as kgs. :bawling:
    haha it's no worries, I interchange between the two all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :facepalm:to all complaining about their weight. If you want to transform the way you look/you function, focus on your bf and muscle mass percentages; your overall weight is a pretty poor indication of your physique capabilities..
    I completely agree with this but I thought you said in your original post that you wanted to lose weight? If not then why not just try burn fat and 'tone' simultaneously and your weight number take care of itself?

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Ah the disease of comparison, it'll be the end of you....

I'm 5'7'' and about 58/59kg (I can't recall which) last time I checked
    Just wanna see how i fit in

ReputationRep:
    5'9 (176 cm) and 9 stones (57 kg)

Don't give into the stereotype of beauty! :heart::heart:

ReputationRep:
    5ft 3 and 7st 2

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite self-conscious of my figure so hence posting anon, I'm 5'4 and 56kg. Quite chunky round the hips and thighs so wanna get down to 52kg... Just wanna see how i compare to evryone else
    I'm 6'3" (191cm) and weigh 99kg (15st, 7lb)

I know this is just for girls but I'm not playing along with your sexism

ReputationRep:
    5ft 9" 9and a half stone

I'm 166cm and I weigh 57.8kg (last time I checked, which was a few weeks ago)

ReputationRep:
    Just wanna see how i fit in
    Fitting in is bad

Also, Cavy, is this you?

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    5 foot 3
    9 and a half stone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Holy **** 5 ft 3 and 60kg I'm 5 ft 11 and 65 Kg I should gain weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    I completely agree with this but I thought you said in your original post that you wanted to lose weight? If not then why not just try burn fat and 'tone' simultaneously and your weight number take care of itself?
    Is it possible to lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time? I was under the impression that the two required different diets

Please girls don't feel you are on the heavy side if you are 56kg or 60kg! and it is so hard to love yourself, but don't feel overweight or inadequate. I made the mistake of telling myself a mantra of 'I am fat and ugly' when I was 56kg, so I dieted and binged a lot afterwards, became seriously depressed and 6 months later I weighed 70kgs (at 5'6) and now I am actually stuck in a horrible plateau and I never feel full.

So the message is just be happy the way you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Is it possible to lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time? I was under the impression that the two required different diets
    Hell yeh but it takes a lot more time to build muscle compared to burning fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Hell yeh but it takes a lot more time to build muscle compared to burning fat
    How because when trying to lose weight don't you have to undereat but when building muscle you're supposed to exceed your RDA?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.