Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lovely paper! Just a few tricky questions but after going over it with my teacher after the exam, I don't think I've lost many marks. At least I know more about Emojis now
    I think 64 will be an A* and 56 for an A

ReputationRep:
    can we get an unofficial mark scheme ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miapeters)
    me too, fingers crossed I'll get a mark for 'input number' at least :dong: what did you put for the question on legal and ethical implications of Lauren's computing website??
    (Original post by surina16)
    yeah exactly the same. I just couldn't see how to do it in exam conditions but could do the bloody controlled assessments absolutely fine
    (Original post by miapeters)
    Looooved the 6 marker on improving performance of the computer, hated the algorithm question though
    I also agree, the PC upgrade 6 marker was wonderful, I just said what I did to my PC last Christmas

I wasn't a huge fan of the last 6 marker but after looking at it for a min and taking some time knowing I have 30 mins left, it was quite doable.

Here is what I feel was the correct soloution for the 6 marker was in C++ and fully annotated: http://hastebin.com/eyayodohib.cpp

I flopped on the first sound question and messed up the ethics on Lauren's website though ;-;

ReputationRep:
    How was it for you lot (I did it last year)

ReputationRep:
    Thought the WWW vs Internet was hard and also the silly array question!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries for a C and B will be? I think I got around 45 marks. Sucks to find everyone found the audio and bitmap question easy, yet I got no marks because I never had a teacher for two years... Never even heard of sampling.

ReputationRep:
    Last year it was 59/80 to get an A* or 56 one of them, my teacher told me today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries are out, pretty low this year I think!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Fifty ****ing three

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you all do?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sstudyacc)
    How did you all do?!
    300/300 UMS
    You?

ReputationRep:
    How did you all do?!
    A* with full UMS.. pretty mad considering I was on a C in theory back in December

ReputationRep:
    How did you all do?!
    exactly 270 ums hahahaha (A* barely), revising the night before isn't the safest option

ReputationRep:
    A* 5 UMS of full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeeb_00)
    exactly 270 ums hahahaha, revising the night before isn't the safest option
    lol i scraped an A by revising the night before for like 2 hours, cos I had 4 exams to do on the day of my computing exam haha
    pretty happy considering i got a D in mocks!

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten 2 A*s in a row in my mocks for computing and was predicted that, too. I got an A and A* in the two controlled assessments but apparently bombed the test as I got a C (80 UMS), which gave me an overall B. I don't want to sound arrogant but I thought the test was really easy and had a lot of people agree with my answers after the exam. Did anyone else have this sort of thing, or was it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torticci)
    I've gotten 2 A*s in a row in my mocks for computing and was predicted that, too. I got an A and A* in the two controlled assessments but apparently bombed the test as I got a C (80 UMS), which gave me an overall B. I don't want to sound arrogant but I thought the test was really easy and had a lot of people agree with my answers after the exam. Did anyone else have this sort of thing, or was it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I had the same issue, I was disappointed with my B in the exam although I got an A overall. In my mocks, I had A*'s and in my coursework too. Teachers and fellow students agreed with my answers and so I was surprised at the result. I guess some exams can't always go too well but the contrasting grades at first did kinda shock me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hiya everyone,

I took this exam last year and I'm willing to help anyone that needs it! Simply quote me or PM me and I'll see what I can do! :yep:

Keep in mind I won't correct coursework code and I won't simply tell you answers because that would be cheating. I can give you pointers and exam information, especially what to revise! :woo:

Let me know!
    Ethan

hey! I have this exam coming as my mock, like you said i dont want the answers but could you give me some pointers as to what to revise please? thankyou

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.