Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lovely paper! Just a few tricky questions but after going over it with my teacher after the exam, I don't think I've lost many marks. At least I know more about Emojis now
    I think 64 will be an A* and 56 for an A

ReputationRep:
    can we get an unofficial mark scheme ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miapeters)
    me too, fingers crossed I'll get a mark for 'input number' at least :dong: what did you put for the question on legal and ethical implications of Lauren's computing website??
    (Original post by surina16)
    yeah exactly the same. I just couldn't see how to do it in exam conditions but could do the bloody controlled assessments absolutely fine
    (Original post by miapeters)
    Looooved the 6 marker on improving performance of the computer, hated the algorithm question though
    I also agree, the PC upgrade 6 marker was wonderful, I just said what I did to my PC last Christmas

I wasn't a huge fan of the last 6 marker but after looking at it for a min and taking some time knowing I have 30 mins left, it was quite doable.

Here is what I feel was the correct soloution for the 6 marker was in C++ and fully annotated: http://hastebin.com/eyayodohib.cpp

I flopped on the first sound question and messed up the ethics on Lauren's website though ;-;

ReputationRep:
    How was it for you lot (I did it last year)

ReputationRep:
    Thought the WWW vs Internet was hard and also the silly array question!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries for a C and B will be? I think I got around 45 marks. Sucks to find everyone found the audio and bitmap question easy, yet I got no marks because I never had a teacher for two years... Never even heard of sampling.

ReputationRep:
    Last year it was 59/80 to get an A* or 56 one of them, my teacher told me today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries are out, pretty low this year I think!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Fifty ****ing three

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you all do?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sstudyacc)
    How did you all do?!
    300/300 UMS
    You?

ReputationRep:
    How did you all do?!
    A* with full UMS.. pretty mad considering I was on a C in theory back in December

ReputationRep:
    How did you all do?!
    exactly 270 ums hahahaha (A* barely), revising the night before isn't the safest option

ReputationRep:
    A* 5 UMS of full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeeb_00)
    exactly 270 ums hahahaha, revising the night before isn't the safest option
    lol i scraped an A by revising the night before for like 2 hours, cos I had 4 exams to do on the day of my computing exam haha
    pretty happy considering i got a D in mocks!

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten 2 A*s in a row in my mocks for computing and was predicted that, too. I got an A and A* in the two controlled assessments but apparently bombed the test as I got a C (80 UMS), which gave me an overall B. I don't want to sound arrogant but I thought the test was really easy and had a lot of people agree with my answers after the exam. Did anyone else have this sort of thing, or was it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torticci)
    I've gotten 2 A*s in a row in my mocks for computing and was predicted that, too. I got an A and A* in the two controlled assessments but apparently bombed the test as I got a C (80 UMS), which gave me an overall B. I don't want to sound arrogant but I thought the test was really easy and had a lot of people agree with my answers after the exam. Did anyone else have this sort of thing, or was it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I had the same issue, I was disappointed with my B in the exam although I got an A overall. In my mocks, I had A*'s and in my coursework too. Teachers and fellow students agreed with my answers and so I was surprised at the result. I guess some exams can't always go too well but the contrasting grades at first did kinda shock me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hiya everyone,

I took this exam last year and I'm willing to help anyone that needs it! Simply quote me or PM me and I'll see what I can do! :yep:

Keep in mind I won't correct coursework code and I won't simply tell you answers because that would be cheating. I can give you pointers and exam information, especially what to revise! :woo:

Let me know!
    Ethan

hey! I have this exam coming as my mock, like you said i dont want the answers but could you give me some pointers as to what to revise please? thankyou

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.