Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHominem)
    Hi. I completed my mock for computing theory a few days ago and it was last year's paper. I must say that I found it particularly difficult and I doubt my teacher will be happy about how poor everyone - other than perhaps a few people - will have performed in the paper. Does anyone have any advice on what is most important to revise and how to do so?
    Thanks.
    I'd like to push this question, as I feel as if I am in the exact same position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    You think so?! I thought that exam was a GIFT!
    On my mock I got an A* by a few marks but the thing is, I need like 116/120 UMS to get it which seems really tough! I will try though, like I did with one exam I did in year 10 with odds against me and then I got an A*! Thing is in that mock, we hadn't studied everything so had to teach myself!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the well wishes! But I've taken the exam I passed with A*! I'm just here to help :yep: I'm going to tag in everyone else so they see your resource!
    Wow! Well done with that A* you got! Thanks for tagging me in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    I HAVE ALSO DONE COMPUTING LAST YEAR AND ACHIEVED An A*
    plus i also have digital theory notes if anyone want it
    :goodluck:GOOD LUCK :goodluck:
    Hi!

Could you possibly send me the digital notes please?! I really need them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Hi!

Could you possibly send me the digital notes please?! I really need them
    GCSE Computing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    gcse computing
    thank you! This will help me so much for my mock on monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    thank you! This will help me so much for my mock on monday
    It's k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellatheawesome)
    Please could I see the notes!!
    What did you get for A452 and A453?

ReputationRep:
    What is that...? I am doing AQA...
    (Original post by aditya5573)
    What did you get for A452 and A453?

ReputationRep:
    i got an A in my mock 2 of an A* i was chuffed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone,

I took this exam last year and I'm willing to help anyone that needs it! Simply quote me or PM me and I'll see what I can do! :yep:

Keep in mind I won't correct coursework code and I won't simply tell you answers because that would be cheating. I can give you pointers and exam information, especially what to revise! :woo:

Let me know!
    Ethan
    Hey,
    I am revising / going through notes/ making notes currently.
    Is it necessary to learn what Dynamic RAM is and what Static RAM is?
    Is this on the specification (i can't find it) but it is in the official endorsed OCR book.
    Have you encountered any past questions on this?
    it would be really helpful,
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    Hey,
    I am revising / going through notes/ making notes currently.
    Is it necessary to learn what Dynamic RAM is and what Static RAM is?
    Is this on the specification (i can't find it) but it is in the official endorsed OCR book.
    Have you encountered any past questions on this?
    it would be really helpful,
    Thanks
    It's not on the spec:

(g) describe the difference between RAM and ROM
    (h) explain the need for ROM in a computer system
    (i) describe the purpose of RAM in a computer system
    (j) explain how the amount of RAM in a personal computer affects the performance of the computer
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/72936-specification.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I am so nervous for the theory exam! Our teachers are useless at school! It is so difficult to revise ! how is everyone finding theory? do you find it easy or difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecomputernerd)
    I am so nervous for the theory exam! Our teachers are useless at school! It is so difficult to revise ! how is everyone finding theory? do you find it easy or difficult?
    Difficult! Definitely! I just find it so hard to remember everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Difficult! Definitely! I just find it so hard to remember everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too!! We haven't even finished the spec yet! It's so ridiculous, but if the exam is difficult this summer, then the grade boundaries will be low, which makes me feel a bit better lol, I really hate the 6 mark questions on algorithms !!!! I haven't even finished the programming task, it is due next week for me ! :s

ReputationRep:
    Me too!! We haven't even finished the spec yet! It's so ridiculous, but if the exam is difficult this summer, then the grade boundaries will be low, which makes me feel a bit better lol, I really hate the 6 mark questions on algorithms !!!! I haven't even finished the programming task, it is due next week for me ! :s
    :eek: tbh we never really finished wr rushed through it then went straight to programming then revision I've had to try to do it more slowly in my spare time but it's not exactly going as planned. Hahaha yeah but then I don't stand much of a chance if it's lot harder... I don't even think I've done a 6 marker on algorithms! And wow, I finished mine a few weeks ago. Good luck with yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the 2015 June paper on them, our teachers didn't give them back to us after mocks! And I would really like it for revision! Thanks in advance ! x

ReputationRep:
    :eek: tbh we never really finished wr rushed through it then went straight to programming then revision I've had to try to do it more slowly in my spare time but it's not exactly going as planned. Hahaha yeah but then I don't stand much of a chance if it's lot harder... I don't even think I've done a 6 marker on algorithms! And wow, I finished mine a few weeks ago. Good luck with yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah we are rushing through too, it is so daft we started the programming project in the beginning of year 10, and we were taught no code before hand so we had to teach it ourselves, and teacher couldn't help us as it is cheating! Yeah there is always a 6 mark question on an algorithm and thank you aha! yeah I've had to teach myself so much theory and I got a c in the mock which isn't great, I thought I knew everything but it is so difficult! Good luck with everything aha

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah we are rushing through too, it is so daft we started the programming project in the beginning of year 10, and we were taught no code before hand so we had to teach it ourselves, and teacher couldn't help us as it is cheating! Yeah there is always a 6 mark question on an algorithm and thank you aha! yeah I've had to teach myself so much theory and I got a c in the mock which isn't great, I thought I knew everything but it is so difficult! Good luck with everything aha

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow!:eek:We actually learned programming in year 10 until Christmas, then did theory - some topics reallyyy dragged on. We started the programming recently and in order to do at least a bit well I forgot all my theory knowledge and tried to relearn the programming now I have to relearn theory and improve it. Yeah, wow, that must be so difficult learning it yourself. I guess Pythan isn't the worst of languages that could have been chosen though. You do do Python, right? Ohhh dear...
    You're welcome and thanks I got a C too! No matter how many times I do it, I always get about 50 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.